Seventeen: Acceptance

My golden eyes watched Tsu'tey catching up with Rahe, watching him talk happily. It's nice to see him like this, it doesn't seem like I see him like this often...

"Don't be scared Tashìk, we won't let anything happen to you." A young warrior spoke by my side. I looked over at him sadly. Ever since Home Tree fell and we lost a lot of people, younger warriors had to skip most of their trainings to fight to protect their home... "I'm not afraid Theco."

I responded, an older hunter checking in with me just to make sure. My lips curled into a thankful smile, looking between them before looking back at Tsu'tey. Why is the space between us getting bigger...?

"The little squirt is right Tashìk, they wouldn't hurt any of us anyways. We've been friend clans for years." I looked behind me to the hunter that was making sure no one got lost or left behind. My thoughts confused me as I looked back down at my hands.

If that's the case, why didn't Eytukan or Mo'at think of going to them for help...? He didn't tell me to lead the people there during the attack and Mo'at decided to go to a scared place instead of going to such... a friend clan. There has to be more.

"Theco... Tell me about the Tipani." I spoke while looking over at the young hunter. For being so young, Theco was known for his intelligence of other clans. He spent most of his training time studying about the other clans instead of hunting.

"They were one of the first tribes to meet the sky people when they came here... Though, the sky people know seems scared of the Tipani. Which I don't blame them, they are scary."

"Why do you say that?"

"Oh, they're known to be vicious and feral as some would say. No one ever sees someone from the Tipani unless they want someone to see them."

So, Leva was right; we weren't alone then. I thought to myself, feeling guilty for not believing my Espirit. "They're a real dangerous enemy to have."

"Your praise are kind little warrior." Rahe spoke, my eyes lifting to look at him. He was looking back to watch us, Theco making a surprised sound and looking down at his direhorse. "S-sorry sir..."

"No need to apologize, it's great you see the Tipani Clan in such high light." He smiled while I tightened my hand lightly on Sun's neck. That smile... It set off alarms in my head, my stomach curling worriedly. Rahe turned his head, eyes seeming to fill with... disgust as he looked at me.

Don't look at me like that. I hiss silently, glaring right back him and refusing to back down just because someone gave me a nasty look. Tsu'tey looked back, my body relaxing when I saw his small smile. Tsu... I'll do this for Tsu.

"You're still... so... guarded..." I heard the raspy voice echo around the temple, my head turning to look back. Tears pooled in my golden eyes, flecks sparkling as I smiled with a soft sob. "L-Leva!"

She was sitting up now, leaning against the wall, but sitting up! I made my way over to her, watching her tired eyes look down at me. My hands lifted, staring at her and feeling some relieved tears running down my face. "Thank you, thank you for being okay."

Her large head placed along my hands, letting out a weak sound as she rested her weight against me. I stumbled lightly before holding her up, gently guiding her to rest her head in my lap as I sat on the ground. "Look, you're getting better. You're gonna be okay before you know it, just take it one step at a time."

"Why... are you... refusing to believe... their help...?" She wheezed out, smoke leaving her nose. My eyes lowered in shape, carding my fingers through her fur as I stared down. "I... I just can't lose this home too Leva... Something's wrong."