Nineteen: Detaching

Because... Ewya told him... He followed his entire life without a question just because of some dreams? Is he insane?

Has it always been like this? People putting blinding trust into religion? Into the higher beings they could not see?

My home- my original home, everyone believed the elder without questioning a thing he said. Every prayer, scripture, every rule and guideline...

"Venus." Leva's voice called out my name. My eyes lifted, dark as I watched the elder preaching in front of all of the clan kneeled down in prayer. His words were fuzzy, unconfined for me as I could feel the buzzing under my skin.

How long have I turned away from his words? How long was I not apart of his sheep? Is that way he hated me so? He knew... He had to know... I was truly different from all of them.

"Venus." She called my name out again. The elder was beginning to yell, riling up the others in the clan. Claiming that the other clans were sinful, that they needed to be wiped out. That they're devils in disguises and they're only here to poison our minds. But the buzzing was still under my skin, seeming to burn.

'This warrior born to kill and fight. Who can he protect, when drained of his might?' The words mouth, mumbling as I focused on him. My eyes dark, the buzzing under my skin seemed to send a ringing in my ear as I repeated the mantra. 'This warrior born to kill and fight. Who can he protect, when drained of his might?'

Others cried out in surprise, watching the elder seem to choke. Stumbling down as my mouth kept moving, body seeming to drive on autopilot as I watched him fall to his knees.

"Venus! Wake up please, please answer me!" The temple, I was in the temple with Leva. That dark feeling still seemed to be rooted in my chest as I sat up, watching my Espirit look nervous. "What's going on in your head? What's happening? The storm is getting worse out there."

"They're all blinded." My voice was hardened, Leva's eyes flashing white in shock. I sat up from the ground, getting up and leaning a hand on the windowsill. "Why did they only take in his words? Could they not think for themselves?"

"I can't answer that... It's much longer than I was in creation. Your people only listened to him and no one else." Leva explained, making my eyes narrowed at hearing that. "So I was the only one?"

"I'm sorry, I wish I could be of more help to you. But really there just isn't. Those who defied the elders were ripped apart. Your people needed those words to survive, to be guided, they could not function without them."

"I did."

"But you're different." I scoffed at hearing that, shaking my head lightly as my fingers tightened on the windowsill. The stone cracking under my grip as I glared at the stormy clouds. "I'm the one who defied him to the end and look where that got me."

"A second chance?"

"I got to watch the downfall of their stupidity." I responded colder, Leva gulped while her tail began to tuck under her belly. "Venus... I'm worried about you."

"Don't be. I'm going to fix everything, I'm going to do what I wouldn't do before."

"How amazing. What the great mother says is true, you do have your own meditation state. You are truly something special Venus." The unknown male spoke, my eyes narrowing as I felt my jaw clenched in annoyance. I had forgotten that he was still here... "Stop calling my name, it's weird. I don't even know who you are."

"I'm Alecto." He introduced with a smile, i could feel my lips beginning to raise in a silent hiss. "It's amazing to finally meet you. It was such a struggle to watch you in the clan. They outcasted you for so long and don't even get me started on T-"