Country and Team

Gibbs and Parsons spoke to LT Kagen about the details of McBride's mission and death. Jace had gotten hold of a secured satellite phone, he called Commander Webber and Rorke about the setup. Most JSOC teams had been grounded for security reasons until the situation was resolved, some teams had already been deployed and were in the process of being called, however, others were operating with radio silence.

Thankfully Rider and Grey had set up a secured email, and Jace immediately warned Ziva.

"JSOC and NCIS have been compromised, and the other agents have been targeted. The hits on Eli and Kazmi have resurfaced. Watch your six.

I love you,

J"

Jace sent the email, once it went through it would be like it never existed. He prayed that Ziva would get the message before it was too late. After she returned to Israel contact had been sporadic. She was protecting him from the fallout of the Bodnar case, NCIS had selected his team for the manhunt in Berlin.

"Jace,"

The sailor turned around and saw his dad.

They were heading stateside, and Gibbs and Parsons were on their way to NCIS. Meanwhile, Jace was going to update Captain Dawes and his C.O.s on Benham Parsa and the Brotherhood of Doubt.

. . .

Once his father and Jace told him about Captain Wayne's involvement in the death of McBride, JSOC did a full internal review. Meanwhile, Jace and Raya were on their way to Isreal. His teams were still benched with all the inside breaches within the DOD. He was going to meet with Adam Eshel, Tony had asked for his help in finding Ziva and was going to partner with Jace throughout the search.

Once he arrived at Mossad he was not only greeted by Adam but the new Director of Mossad herself, Orli Elbaz. They briefed him on places Ziva had been sited.

"Senior Chief Gibbs, Agent Amato," welcomed Director Elbaz. "I hope you traveled well."

"Thank you," replied Jace courtly. "What've you got so far."

"As you know Ziva was in a brutal struggle but survived and escaped," stated Adam.

"We have been searching through our security feeds in the area surrounding the residence but as you know," chimed in Orli. "The house belonged to Eli."

"Meaning it's strategically laid out for a covert escape," finished Julian.

Jace internally scorned Ziva's determination to isolationism. Now was the worst possible time for her to be alone. He swore against the Director of Homeland Security for his lack of forthcoming.

Tom Morrow better pray that I don't get my hands on him!

Jace looked at the crime scene photos, there was blood and the reports suggested that Ziva may have been injured.

"You guys said that her last location was a coffee shop?" asked Julian, wanting to figure out Ziva's strategy.

Elbaz ordered a technician to display the footage of the coffee shop, and Jace studied the street layout.

"Is that a hospital?"

"The WiFi from the coffee shop must reach the hospital," said Adam. "We'll have analysts go over security footage, in the meantime, we can run a potential lead. One of Ziva's childhood friends, Deena Bashan."

As they walked through the halls of the apartment building Jace imagined Ziva walking by. As Adam knocked on the door it became ajar. They silently entered, their pistols drawn, Jace saw a teapot, it was still hot. Suddenly, a woman rushed in from another room, shouting in Hebrew, holding a frying pan ready to bludgeon someone. Adam stopped her, explaining who they were.