21 ¦ It's Time

I woke up to a rude scream, which turned out to be Mrs. Chwe's wake-up call. She went through every single room of our suite, so as not to leave out any student. 

When she was in our room, she clapped her hands loudly and shouted, "Come on, get up! Come on you sleepyheads! The bus won't wait!" Annoyed, I rolled my eyes and muttered softly, but so she wouldn't hear, "Shut up..." 

Sleepily, I brushed a few of my strands of hair out of my face and turned my head in Josh's direction. Next to his bed was still the bottle of whiskey, which Mrs. Chwe had not yet noticed. On trips, the consumption of alcohol was strictly forbidden. Oh, damn it

I quickly jumped up and sat next to Josh, who was still sleeping, and pretended to wake him up. I pushed the bourbon inconspicuously with my foot, under the bed. I shook Josh's arm and whispered, "Josh, get up! Come on..." 

All of a sudden, Mrs. Chwe knelt down next to me and whispered in a playfully nice way, "Say, did you guys sleep in the same room together? Boy and girl?"Oooops... I knew we had forgotten something. 

I quickly smiled wryly and assured, "Ahm.... yes, but I can assure you that nothing happened, you know, he's more like a brother to me." 

At that moment, Josh rolled over grumbling and pulling me into bed with one arm. What was this jerk doing? 

He mumbled sleepily, "Just a few more minutes, sweetie." Thank you, you idiot! 

Mrs. Chwe stood up grinning bitterly, adjusted her glasses and said wryly, "Of course.... Brother and sister. I guess they're incest-prone then! Well, I'll overlook it this once, like I did with Mr. Park and Ms. Choi, but in the future, please restrain yourself!" Incest-prone? This teacher's sayings were worth their weight in gold. 

I stifled a laugh. Ms. Chwe walked to the door and turned around before leaving our room. "You have half an hour to finish standing downstairs in the parking lot, understand?" She said firmly. I nodded eagerly and shook Josh awake rudely. 

She gave us another skeptical look and muttered, "Really, I'm going to lose it again someday!" Who was she saying that to? 

With that, she left our room. By the time Josh was finally awake, Mrs. Chwe had long since disappeared from the room. She was probably looking for her next victims. I freed myself from Josh's grip and began to pack up my things. 

The whole morning passed quite silently until we all arrived at the bus. On the ride back this time, I sat next to Lily and Josh sat next to one of his undergrade buddies. 

I chatted with Lily the whole way and enjoyed the distance from Josh. Jungwon sat contentedly staring out the window with his headphones on his ears. Jay on the other hand, was snoozing peacefully and Sunghoon was chatting with Sunoo while he was snapping photos. Ni-ki and Jake were also talking, while Heeseung kept stealthily staring over at me from time to time. He pretended that he was just doing it randomly, but I noticed how much he was glued to me with his gaze. His constant glances distracted me from my conversation with Lily. At some point I was only half-heartedly conducting it. Shyly I looked at him again and again and when our eyes met again, he did not look away, but smiled gently. I returned this smile, but a little sadder. Since it was now suddenly clear to me. Crystal clear...