39 ¦ Showtime

"Now get down here before the others see you!" Jay cursed. 

I tearfully replied, "I can't. I'm stuck! Oh my god, my dress. I can't destroy that too. Fucking railings!" 

Jay retorted with a creepy undertone, "I guess I'll have to come and get you then!" 

Laughing, I chortled, "Man, don't say it like that!"

1 hour earlier:

I ran down to Antoine and acted, "Ugh.... Antoine, I have such a stomach ache. I think I'm going to lie down for the rest of the day, okay?" 

Antoine looked at me questioningly and said, "Hmm... really? Well, that's not good at all. Should we see a doctor?" Behind him stood Jay, silently laughing at me, for my action. He was pouring himself a glass of orange juice. I tried to remain serious and propped myself up against the floorboard. "No, that's okay. I think I should just go to bed early tonight. That's all I need. Just some peace and quiet." 

Antoine nodded and replied, "Then I'll let Levi know and dinner will fall through for you too?" 

I nodded and muttered, "Yeah, I'd rather." I turned my gaze to Jay and continued, "I don't want to throw up." He gave me a crooked grin and then took a sip of juice from his glass. I was making my way upstairs when Jay yawned conspicuously loud and said to Antoine, "I'm really dead tired. I didn't sleep well last night and you sent me out early this morning. For today, I'm going to crash, okay?" Antoine just nodded and turned back to his newspaper. Jay followed me up the stairs and disappeared into his room. 

When everyone was eating, Jay and I would escape down the fire escape via the roof and head into the village. Master plan, right? I opened my room door and sitting in front of me were Lily and Jungwon. They were laughing while watching some TV show. I asked them to leave me alone for a bit and they went to another room. I quickly got ready and ended up putting on my beloved black dress. It was the only dress I had taken with me on this trip. I still put on my makeup discreetly and then I was ready. 

I opened the door slightly and peeked downstairs. I heard forks scraping around on plates and laughing. So they were all eating right now. Perfect. I quickly ran into the hallway and made my way to the spiral staircase that led to the roof. Suddenly a door opened next to me and Lily stepped out of the tiny single toilet. She looked me up and down in astonishment and was about to say something when I covered her mouth and dragged her up to the roof. 

She tore herself away from me and screeched, "What are you doing Ms. Black Dress?!" Laughing, I told her everything from my promise to Hoshi, to Jay's and what I was going to do. 

Her jaw dropped and she began to grin widely, "You little rascals. Don't worry, I'll cover for you, but just between you and me, Mira. Is there something going on between you and Jay?" 

I punched her on the shoulder and replied, "Eww.... no! You know I like- HMPFFF!" She now covered my mouth and turned me around. Behind me stood Jay looking at us questioningly. 

"Um... Ladies, what are you doing?" Apparently he had just come up and hadn't overheard our conversation. Thank goodness. I slapped her hand away from my mouth and a silent war broke out between Lily, Jay and me.