- No more chances (epilogue) -

(Footsteps)

A man dressed in formal attire made his way to an office of what looks like an extremely wealthy man. He entered an office and closed the door. The room was dark yet there was a faint light coming from the lamp on the main desk.

???: "May I turn on the lights on Sir?"

???: "No need, tell me have you completed what I told you to?"

???: "Umm sort of..."

???: "What do you mean sort of?"

???: "Well I did what you asked and infiltrated Eden Academy and change the scores of Anya Forger though someone came right before I did but I just thought it was a teacher double checking the papers. As expected everyone thought she failed two midterms and were only just going to give her 2 tonitros bolts if not for bribing most of the council with your name."

???: "So whats the problem? Did the girl get expelled?"

???: "The thing is... Sir Damian vouched for her Sir Desmond... He convinced the other council members on changing their decision and offered to be her personal tutor himself. Please forgive me Sir for I did not predict this outcome!"

Donovan: "My own son vouched for her... And to think I did this for him. Such an ungrateful child. Oh well, thank you I will be sure to pay you double for your service from the past week."

???: "Y-your not mad Sir??"

Donovan: " Sighs...."

The man suddenly had chills in his spine. Even if he worked with Donovan Desmond for such time, he and honestly anyone feared him for his power and wealth in society.

Donovan: "No I'm not mad. Though I'm concerned for that child having a connection with a commoner much like this girl. But I will find uses for the her next time..."

???: "Oh as you wish Sir, I must bid my farewell now, good day"

Then the man turned and went to the door. As he opened it, Demetrius Desmond, the eldest son of Donovan Desmond appeared.

???: "Oh! Good day Sir Demetrius (bows)"

Demetrius: "Good day"

Then Demetrius entered the office of his father and closed the door.

Donovan: "Ahh my son"

Demetrius: "Father I heard everything, why did you expel that girl when she sort of meant to her let alone the girl who punched him on the first day of school. I thought you couldn't careless of whatever happens to him"

Then Donovan stood up from his chair and went to Demetrius.

Donovan: "I've heard from his butler Jeeves that this girl has been meddling in his life too much. Causing him to lose track in his studies and his overall reputation at school. Let's just say I took care of a nuisance for him."

Demetrius: "But why??? You never even came to school when he got punched. You barely see him every year. He probably even resents you for not always bring there for him"

This sent a silence in their conversation. Yet Donovan never frowned nor changed his expression.

Donovan: "Tell me, do you know what the purpose is of having a family my son?"

Demetrius thought yet didn't want to know nor answer that question.

Donovan: " Gain... It has always been gain. A family always gives you want you want. For me, it's an heir. Yet any member may give what you desire as long as you know how to will and command them."

Demetrius: "And what about Damian and the girl? You have no use for a commoner with the audacity as the girl."

Donovan: "Hmm... Let just say he and the girl may be of use to us in the future. As you know already know Damian desires attention and recognition and with just a little push....he's ready to do anything I order. And if not, the girl is an alternative."

Demetrius: "But how will they even benefit yo-"

Donovan: "ENOUGH QUESTIONS DEMETRIUS!"

Demetrius felt himself shaking. Why was his father even angry over this. *Sighs* he was wondered how Damian could cope with all his when he is in his age. He would probably see father for who he really was.

Donovan: "Ahh I'm sorry my son. It's just I'm doing this for the safety of Ostania from those Westalians. I just want you to know that we are making use of everyone including your brother for the safety of everyone here in our country. Now, why are you even curious about your brother and his progress in Eden?"

Demetrius: "I-I wanted to know your reasons for doing what you did father. I want to learn after all if I'm going to take over someday"

Donovan: "Of course, you must learn how to be a good heir when the time comes. Now please be on your way as I still have work to do."

Demetrius: "As you wish father, goodbye"

Demetrius then turned and went out of the room. Then Donovan went back sat on his desk.

Donovan: "Nosy brat always asking questions. No matter he is my eldest son so I must not say a word to him about anything. And when the time comes, I can just discard all of them as I have no need for these family attachments in my way"
....................................................................................
Lazy to put a goodbye message... Btw this is not getting a sequel!
(Word count: 885)