i'm proud of you

julia's pov

once i get home from work it's 10:30pm and veinna and mom are asleep. i put my things away in my room and go back downstairs, finding him getting a snack from the fridge. "what's up?" he asks knowing it's me, i really do just have disctint footsteps. he shuts the fridge and turns around, i hug him tightly.

as much of a grudge i hold on him in general, i wouldn't be doing what i do if he didn't show me how to throw a football 10 years ago.

"you okay?" he asks rubbing my back "thank you." i mumble "for what?" he asks completely confused. "i wouldn't play football if you didn't show me it and then i wouldn't have made the friends that i have and i wouldn't have this group of people and-" i go on "i know you want me to say it so i will, you're welcome, but you did all that on your own. i'm too hard on you about everything, i'm a dick to you so i'm sorry. but everything in football that you do, you did that all on your own and i am so unbelievably proud of you." he replies.

"so what's this all about?" he asks.

oh, y'know i got a scholarship into one of the best college football teams with the best academic programs. no biggie though!

i let him go feeling the huge smile again, he gives me a look that's like 'what the fuck, tell me please?!' "i got a athletic scholarship to georgia." i say "what!" he yells with a smile that i can't even describe i can't begin to remember the last time i could even word his appearance towards me that was like this, "yeah." i giggle at his reaction. he hugs me again "this is amazing! i'm so proud of you, juli. when did you find out?" he asks "the early football meet was them giving me the letter," i hand him the letter to read "and at the game their head coach and quarterback showed up."

"dude, seriously i'm so proud of you." he says for the millionth time, "thank you." i laugh.

"you gotta call everyone else and let them know. or did you tell them yet?" he says "you were the first to know." i laugh. i sit down on the couch and i take out my phone texting people.

california gurls
(awsten, gracie, zeph, jawn, daphne, geoff, lucas, kay)

julia
hey bitches i need to tell yall something

awsten
hey asshole

geoff
you guys are really mean to each other

kay
HEY BITCHES!!!

jawn
yo

zeph
HIIII

gracie
HEYYYYY YALLLLL

daphne
OMG DO TELL

lucas
okay we're all here, tell us or else

julia
so i'm super cool, you guys know that

awsten
agree to disagree but go on

gracie
get outta here aws

awsten
only juli calls me aws get outta here

gracie
stfu

awsten
f u

jawn
we don't have time for sibling rivalry, juli keep going