first game

september 9 2027
julia's pov

first game ever, and holy shit am i shaking as hard as humanly possible. we're playing the 49ers, literally all my family is here. family as in waterparks, ink, tøp, and fob. along with their family as well. but brendon, sarah, and anyone else that's blood is not coming. brendon even texted me they weren't going to because they're in las vegas seeing his parents but they'll 'probably' tune in on the tv.

the whole team is undoubtedly my family as well, they've been the best friends and family in my whole life. i love them so much and i know they see me the same way i see them.

"you ready juli?" josh asks and i smile "i'm shaking, but i think i'll cry after we win." "at least we've got a good mindset outta you." dawson pats my shoulder making us all laugh "is your family here? i don't know if you mentioned it or not." spencer points out "nah they don't care really. all my friends are though, i've known them since i was little so i guess you can call them family." i shrug "well, i know my parents are on cloud 9 for you." a few of the guys share the same info which shocks me a bit.

my phone buzzes and it's from patrick which is just two pictures. a picture of the whole group, and showing off how they're first row behind our bench.

"you ready for the tunnel?" tyler nudges me "dude if i trip, i'll cry." i shake my head "there's no crying in baseball!" coach mcdermott smiles happy about his quote. "good movie." i roll my eyes with a matching smile.

we all go out and get ready to go through the tunnel, i'm right next to spencer and i'm shaking my arms out. i have the worst anxiety right now it's not even funny but it is.

i hear the cheering, the yelling, the 'go bills!' the fans chanting 'buffalo, buffalo, buffalo'. "you ready rookie?" von asks "nope!" i smile and just then i'm running out on the field in the state and town i call home with the friends that are family and the team that loves me.

we get to our bench just before the 49ers start their run out. the stands are still absolutely wild. we're playing the 49ers, we're playing brock purdy and george kittle. holy shit.

"lets all stand for the national anthem." one of the announcers calls, we take our helmets off and the lady starts singing. great voice.

after we hear another of the many comments from he announcers.

"while we're waiting let's appreciate that the first woman in a football team ever, julia urie, is now on the sidelines waiting for her first ever play!" we all hear it, and i can't help but smile looking up at josh "you're making it." he grins and nod "it's crazy."

a mix of cheers and boo's but the cheering out ways it for me. i can hear my family behind us and i smile, "we're mic-ing you up. media wants us to." one of our many crew members comes up to me tucking the mic into my jersey "cool." i shrug "your family's waving at you." tre says and i look behind me and wave a bit. we're not really supposed to fully interact with family, i guess it's like a rule or something. but everyone on our team said that i should break the rule and they'd back me up.

everyone's smiling but awsten's smile is just different, he's just genuinely happy for me. not that the others aren't but he's just different to me, he's always been genuinely happy for me and always there for me. some of them just haven't and that's alright but he's always got me. awsten's a literal father figure to me.

the special teams do their thing and next thing i know i'm running our ball down the field before getting decked by nick bosa. "holy shit." i take a breath before he helps me up with a hand "thanks." i nod "new girl." i see his smile causing me to as well. he's as nice as he looks, perfect.

with 10 seconds left in our game, they're leaving me to run the ball for a game winning touch down. my first touch down in an nfl game, my first td in my first nfl game. i hope i got this.

josh passes it to me and i basically squirm past the defense with help from my offense. run the 50, then the 40, and the 30, the 20, 10, and that's a fucking touch down.

i'm met with cheering and smiles, i take off my helmet laughing with the biggest smile on my face starting to cry. i dont know what else to do. i won the game for us. the games over, we won. dawson grabs me hugging me tight.

"julia urie! first woman in football! first nfl game! first touch down in the nfl league for her! what a day!" the announcers are flipping out and i'm getting hugs from my team "you just won your first nfl game, kid." jordon pats my back.

i get passed around by interviewers asking the same questions about being a woman in football, my first nfl game, my first td in the nfl. all that shit, and i have to go thank the 49ers because that's just what we do.

we're humble.

i find my way to nick bosa "what a game!" he yells so we can hear each other but just out of clear excitement for me, i hug him and he hugs back and a few of their players come over talking to me. their coach even.

then i go to my coaches and i get even more hugs. i've stopped crying by now too. "now that's a game you don't forget." coach sean pats my shoulder "never." i shake my head, the smiles are huge.

after going back to our locker rooms everyone's changing into their normal clothes. it was freezing out, like 15 degrees fahrenheit with some snow, so we're not too sweaty. i'm in grey sweatpants, bills sweatshirt, and sidelines hat with my duck boots.

then we all head out, i have my phone in one hand and my bag in the other as i walk out the tunnel with the guys. i told my friends to just wait around the front of the stadium so hopefully they listened but we know them.

all the guys get to their cars, some of them with their family. i wave to their kids before heading to the front of the stadium.

"where the hell is juli! i am freezing!" i know that voice, i know it's awsten. "jj!" tyler's daughters spot me first, running to hug me causing me to start laughing then the adults notice. "sorry you're freezing awsten." i roll my eyes and he smiles "whaaaat? i said that?"

i get around to hugging even more people, "good job, kid." pete tells me "y'know i'm 23." i laugh "don't say those words ever again, i literally was the first person to hold you." patrick (stump) replies and i snort out a laugh to make fun of him.

"so are you more of a bills fan since i'm here?" i ask patrick (galante) as i hug him "1000 percent yes." he nods.