George-

I had just got the text saying my horse had arrived, I ran out of the tack room and out to the front of the barn. "Hey, you're George?" The driver said, "Yes that's me! Is he here?" I asked, "He is indeed, you have to sign this first." He said, "Yeah of course!" I said, he handed me a pen and a paper. I scanned it and checked a few boxes and signed off on the fee. "Thank you, he's all yours." The driver said.

I ran to the back of the trailer and opened the door, I grabbed the lead rope that was keeping him tied to the trailer and pulled the knot. "Hey bud, how are you?" I whispered, patting my horse's neck. I turned him around and started walking off the trailer, "Easy boy," I said, stepping off the trailer.

"Thank you!" I yelled, still walking towards the barn. As I walked through the barn looking for my horses stall a voice spoke up, "I've never seen that horse before, who are you?" I turned around to see a blonde haired man in jeans and a black tee looking at me, I scoffed, "I'm George, George Davidson." I started, "Never heard of you, who's the horse?" He said, getting up to pet him, "Don't touch, that horse is worth more then this whole barn." I started, "Pfft, what, are you a jumper or something?" He asked rolling his eyes. "No, I vault. Three times FEI World Champion, I won Tryon 2018." I started, "And, this is Vertello, he's a Perchron Warmblood cross,"

"Oh," He said, "Yeah, so I'd like it if you didn't touch him." I sneered, he scoffed. "What?" I asked, "Nothing, competition riders just make me cringe." I said, "Why's that?" I said, studying him, "They're quite full of themselves." He said, "Is that so? Why, what do you do?" I asked.

"I'm a barrel racer, I've got a little Quarter Horse mare named Ember." He said, "Course you are." I said, rolling my eyes, "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked, "I mean, look at you, you look like a barrel racer." I said, "No, I look like a western rider, we all wear the same thing. So you do English people." He said, "No, I wear leggings and tank tops. Not breeches and tall boots." I said, "Whatever, you're wearing sweats and runners." He said, looking me up and down, "So? They look better then your ugly ass buckle." I shot back. He sighed, "Ok, just go put your horse away." He said.

I looked away and started walking, he walked the other way and patted my horse on the bum, "Don't touch him!" I yelled, "Oh hush." He said. I got to Vertello's stall and put him in it, taking off his shipping boots, tail wrap, and leather halter. "Good boy, I know, wasn't he nasty?" I said, walking out of the stall.

I went to the tack room and put the stuff in my locker, I walked out of the room and spotted the blonde a few stalls down, leaning on a stall. I walked over and looked in, he had a little horse, about 15.1 hands, she was gorgeous if I'm being honest, "So, this is your horse?" I asked, "Yep, finest Palomino around." He joked, I just nodded. "She's cute, may I pet her?" I asked, "Sure, she does bite sometimes though." He said, "I don't mind, I've had worse happen." I said, opening the stall door and walking over to her.

"Oh yeah, like what?" He asked, "I was doing a shoulder stand in canter and my horse decided to buck, I fell off the inside, landed on my shoulder and couldn't roil away in time. He half stepped on my back. I broke my spine and some of my neck." I said, petting his mare, "Oh wow, are you okay now?" He asked, "Yeah, I haven't done a full shoulder stand since though." I said. "Well, I've half had something similar happen." He said, "Oh yeah?" I said, coming out of the stall and standing next to him.

"Yeah, I was riding her dad actually." He said, pointing to his horse, "What happened?" I asked, "Well, he was about four? Yeah, four year old stallion, so he was pushy, and I was training him. He was extremely fast and did barrels, so, I decided to try some pole bending. He was good the first few times around, perfect actually, I thought he may have been better at in then barrels, but, obviously that wasn't the case." He said, rolling his eyes. "What happened?" I asked.

We where three poles from running home, he just grazed the second and totally freaked out, he started to buck and rear, it wasn't out of pain, he was trying to get me off. I lost the reins and fell forwards, the horn hit me and knocked the wind out of me, I couldn't breath and he fell to the side. I was smacked into the ground and he rolled over me. Once he got up my foot was still in the stirrup and I was dragged around the ring, I hit a few poles and he finally stopped." He said, "My god, are you okay?" I asked, "Um yeah I guess, my head and chest was messed up for awhile but I was okay." He said, blowing out a big breath of air.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered, "It's okay, it's my fault, I should have known better." He said, "No, its not your fault. He was young, they'll spook at anything." I said, "Yeah, I guess so." He replied. "I just stick to barrels now, and I'm pretty damn good at it thanks to her." He said, pointing to his mare.

"Well, you'll have to show me sometime. I don't know much about western." I said, "I can tell," He said, "Oh shut up!" I said, rolling me eyes and smiling. "Y'know, you aren't half bad." I said, "Why thank you," He smiled. "Alright well, I better get going." I said, pushing myself off the door and starting to leave. "Wait!" The man called out, I turned around and looked at him, "Hmm?" I mumbled, "When if your next Vaulting thingy?" He asked, "Tomorrow at seven." I  stated. "Okay, ill be there." He said, I just nodded. "Okay, goodnight.." I said, not knowing his name, "Clay, I didn't tell you that did I?" He said, "No, no you didn't." I giggled.

"Goodnight Clay." I said, turning around and walking out the barn, "Bye George!" I heard him yell. I started smiling and walked out to my car. Today was very very interesting.

.
1111 WORDS-