✿40

Ain't got no tears left to cry~

Drippin' was almost empty at this hour and quieter too

Drippin' was almost empty at this hour and quieter too. The three friends had their eyes on a particular table across the room. A look of nervousness flashed on each of their faces and the food items remained untouched. The Taiwanese waiter soon came with four glasses of water when he saw them in that state as if no one was blinking their eyes and stared only at one direction. Yangyang turned around and saw a table occupied by two- Minjeong whose fierce eyes glared at the other and Renjun who was totally confused what he was doing there.

"What's going on?", the waiter managed to ask.

Ningning hushed him, not moving her eyes away from the two olders.

"I am genuinely scared", Jisung said.

"And I am genuinely hungry." His mouth became watery seeing those chicken wings as he extended his hand to pick up one. But the youngest girl slapped his hand away. "How can you eat now?", she whisper-yelled.

"The food didn't do anything wrong."

"Shh! It's about to start." Now all four of their eyes focused on Minjeong and Renjun.

"Umm... Hi!" The chef waved his hand awkwardly.

Having that same stoic face, she greeted back, "Hello."

"Okay... so, you are...?"

"Kim Minjeong, Ningning's bestfriend."

"Oh nice to meet you then. Do you want to tell me something?"

The short-haired girl leaned forward on the table. "What's your real intention?"

Being puzzled, the Chinese questioned back, "What intention?"

"Let me tell you in baby words then. I heard you and Ningning dated many years ago but then you broke up with her. Then, why do you want to get back with her again?"

"Because I like her", he answered honestly without wasting a second.

"Rubbish! All boys say the same thing."

"Excuse me?" His eyebrows furrowed at her.

"What special happened that made you like her again after nine years?!"

"Are you interrogating me?"

"Whatever you think so. Just answer my questions."

"I have always liked her."

"How can I believe you?"

"Do I need to prove myself to you?"

"I want to be sure that you won't play with her feelings."

"I am sorry. I don't even know you. You can't talk to me like this."

"Doesn't matter. I can't believe you."