Sinking

Olivia had been woken up by noise of children screaming which set off her defensive mode and she immediately ran down a stairs with a bat in hand as she made her way from the foyer to the living room where she was met with her brother who was messing around with the younger boys and Olivia placed the bat down and shook her head.

"You guys really love to scare the shit out of someone" Peter looked at her and laughed as she had clearly been woken up. She sighed and went back upstairs to get herself ready for work. Once she had done all her personal things she had put on her uniform and put her hair into a slick back ponytail and went downstairs with her bag in hand as she tossed it to a side and walked into the kitchen where once again her brother and nephews were in.

"Where's grandpa and grandma?" Peter looked over at her and told the kids to go play in the living room which was odd to Olivia as he only did it when he didn't want them to hear what he needed to talk about.

"He's gotten worse Li" Olivia stumbled back while pinching the bridge of her nose as if trying to comprehend what he had told her.

"He was fine he was getting better he-" Peter went over to her and placed his hands on her shoulders trying to get her to calm down as it was clearly working her up.

"I know, Granny took him in overnight she didn't want to wake you because you seemed off last night but she says he's doing okay but we need to be ready in case of the worst occurring" She shook her head and backed away as she grabbed her keys and bag and made her way to the foyer to leave the house. Peter didn't follow her knowing she needed to have space and when she was about to make it to the door she noticed that Noah was seated on the steps of the stairs and she briefly looked at him and he had a hurt look in his face considering he was the closest to his great-grandfather between him and his siblings she only continued walking and shut the door behind her and walked over to her car and as she sat inside she placed her head on the steering wheel for a moment then began hitting it as frustration took over. Olivia had lost a lot of people in her life and losing her Bestfriend would ultimately destroy her. She drove to work in silence and when she parked her car she did her best to compose herself and make her way into the locker room where all the team was talking before heading to the next debrief, she made her way down the row where her locker was and opened it without telling anyone a hello which only made them concerned.

"Hey Olivia you okay?" BOB had turned around from his locker to speak to her and Olivia was growing even more frustrated when putting on her flight suit.

"I'm fine, if anyone else asks me that I will ram them into the wall" She shut her locker and gave Bob an apologetic look as she didn't mean to be so harsh but her emotions were through the roof and she stopped in her tracks and turned to face him while holding her hand up.

"I'm sorry, I'm just overwhelmed with things going on in my personal life" She turned around and was faced by a very concerned Jake  and Bradley but before the could speak they were interrupted by Maverick.

"Captain Kazansky please follow me" He waved her over and the two walked out of the locker room and into the hallways to the debrief room but before reaching it he stopped to look at her.

"So you know?" Olivia was confused as to what he referred and Maverick took a breath before speaking. "He's been doing worse for some time now and he was admitted last night to the hospital" Olivia shook her head in disbelief because Pete knew but she was in the dark about it the entire time.

"Why didn't I know about this?"

"It all just happened okay none of us knew it" Olivia nodded and Maverick was covered in guilt as he had just told her the biggest lie he had ever told besides the one about Bradley. They walked in to see the admirals waiting for everyone to arrive for the next debrief and they all slowly arrived before it began.