S

[Timeskip after the reunion between Kaito and Zyuran's group]

You stood there. Still at the lilies field. Trying to accept the reality.  So the world with my parents was just a cruel setup by that so-called Kami. 

Before you knew it, tears were pouring out. I hate you, you stupid Kami-thing. If you were so keen on separating both worlds, why not keep it that way? 

That single thought accidentally appeared in your mind. No...I...

You felt a warm embrace. Someone was hugging you from behind. 

"What are you doing there, staring at nothing, deep-thought-maniac?" the voice taunted you. The familiar voice that was playing in your dream. 

You wanted to turn around and face him. You wanted to turn around and hug him. But...

"I'm sorry," he said. You were surprised by the sudden apology. 

"I'm sorry. I couldn't keep my promise of coming back. I'm sorry that it turned out this way. Indirectly dragging you into the sick scheme." his voice also started to waver. 

"Gomen ne, Y/N." you could feel his tears dropping on your shoulder. That was when you found the courage to turn around and hug him back. 

"Aniya..." you found yourself saying. Your head against his chest. 

"It wasn't your fault. I...I'm at fault as well. If I hadn't bumped into you in the first place, maybe that stupid person wouldn't have chosen you as the target to control." you cried. 

You could feel a silence. You slowly looked up and met Stacey's eyes. His expression was unreadable. 

"Do you regret it?" he asked. 

You were trying to decipher what he meant. 

"Do you regret meeting me?" he repeated, clarifying the question. He was staring right into your eyes. 

You took a deep breath, "No." 

"No. I don't regret meeting you," you answered, looking back into his eyes. 

"But if it weren't for meeting me, you wouldn't be..."

"True. But if it weren't for meeting you, maybe.... I would have been gone," you confessed, avoiding his gaze as you felt it widen. 

"On that day. When I bumped into you, I admit...I was planning out everything before ending my life." you recalled, and you could feel your body shaking. As if he felt it too, he embraced you closer. 

"After bumping into you and you saving me, I couldn't help but wonder what your reason was. As I noticed your eyes share the same pain as mine," you explained. 

"Slowly, the thought of disappearing from this world faded as I found myself wanting to help you escape your own darkness." you chuckled a bit, "but I think...you already found out about my situation and tried to save me instead." as you wiped your tears. 

He tried to chuckle as well. "I know...we're from two different worlds. Back then, if it wasn't me who tried to reach out, you probably won't be---" 

He hushed you. "It was exactly why you constantly tried to reach out. You helped me realize something important." 

"What is it?" you asked him back. 

"That life is still precious. That having friends is not as annoying as I thought. That having someone care for me and be there for me is something I miss dearly." he answered wholeheartedly, looking into your eyes. "And that...I've also learned to care for that person as well."

"So thank you, Y/N." he finished, placing a kiss on your forehead, which caught you by surprise. 

"Stacey---" you finally call out his name. 

His hand slowly reached down to seize yours.  

"I also want to be the one...who can help you escape that own darkness of yours," he stated. His eyes met yours once again as if it pleading with you not to leave him. 

"I also want to continue to be the one who helps you...but I don't think I'll be able to---" 

"We'll stay here in the Human World together then." Stacey interrupted. You shook your head. 

"I couldn't be that selfish. I know Kikaitopia is a precious place for you too. And now those evil leaders are gone, the people will need someone to lead." you squeeze his hand. 

"I already told them, I don't want to lead them," he informed you. He could see your uncertainty before finally sighing and giving in. 

"How about this...I'll go back and forth in both worlds."

You looked up, "But that will tire you out." 

"Either that, I'm going crash in your apartment and eat all those snacks on your desk." he threatened. 

"Don't you dare!" your eyes opened in horror. 

He smirked. That infamous smirk always made him look more dazzling. "Your choice." 

"Fine." you huffed, removing your hand from his and crossing your chest. 

"Fine, what?" he tried to press on. 

"We can do it your way. Traveling between two worlds." you stated, "because...I don't think I could also cope with not seeing you again." 

You murmured the last part, but it caught his ear. He blushed slightly. 

"Let's go then!" you told him. 

"Where?" he asked. 

"Dango, of course." you smiled at him. He smiled back. A real smile that had disappeared ever since his mother passed away. 

"Sure. But you're paying," he stated. 

"What? NO fair!" you shouted back. He covered his ears as you hit him playfully. 

"You're still too loud, deep-thought-maniac," he complained. 

"As long as I don't have a mood swing, double-mood-swing-jerk," you argued back. 

He nodded in defeat before turning back. 

"Aren't we going then?" he asked. 

You nodded and were about to walk away. 

"Matte." he stated. You stopped and turned around, "What's wrong?" 

He walked up to you and grabbed a hold of your hand.

"Let's go," he said, and you guys began walking down. You avoided his gaze, still blushing at his action. 

Otou-san. Oka-san. I'm really glad I had a chance to spend time with you. Although it was short and a cruel setup, I will cherish those moments. 

I missed you. You will always be in my heart. Tou-san, Kaa-san, I hope you will continue to watch over me. 

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Kaa-san...I was finally able to revenge for you. I hope you can rest in peace now. I miss you a lot. Please continue watching over me. 

From now on, I will learn to cherish the people around me. I will learn to live on happily, so don't you worry for me, kaa-san. 

The End.

As I've been writing this, I was trying to find a perfect ending chapter for the two. But I feel like making them confess, kiss, and date in this last chapter would seem to rush. Hence, I chose the route where they both started letting go of their fear and embrace their present. 

Maybe there would be a second book for Y/N x Stacey but a short one. Anyhoo, sorry for the delay. 

Happy New Year, everyone! 

Til' next time, 

Adieu~~~