'Til Death Do Us Part

Another week has passed and I am anxious that I will never reach him again, but I boil to hear the praise of others upon him. Kronia is past now and there is nothing but the cruel, icy winter upon the surface. I worry that he is cold, that he is sad and alone, yet I hope that he is and that he continues to be. He hates me now; I'm sure of it. He abandoned me in life, so I abandoned him in death. I am still busy untangling his web.

This process is excruciatingly slow, but I cannot erase my entire childhood, no matter how much I wish that I could. My distaste for hunting goes far beyond that of the other men here. I tell them that a bow and an arrow is a coward's weapon and they tell me that they would rather not have come to Hades for the hate of a fluffy animal pit against them. I wished one hunter would.

Whenever Narcissus dies, I hope he will go to Tartarus for what he has done and he will have no friends there, just as none were true in life. Although, sometimes I worry that he will. I am in the fields of Asphodel, in the unrelenting mist, left to be forgotten to history. I could drink from the Lethe, forget everything, but where would that leave me? Dumb and numb to all the world, I suppose. When I am angry, at least I feel something at all and it is perhaps less dangerous than if I did not. People will assume I did not, for cursing him as I fell, that I was his downfall as well.