Hidden in My True Heart

My dearest reader,

Here is my love letter to you. If you've a Narcissus of your own, who makes you feel guilt and anguish and rage frequently, but love and joy with it, know that when the bad matches or outweighs the good, it's no longer worth it. I let my Narcissus in time and time again, always forgave him, no matter what he did or how bad he made me feel. I tried to make it work and see it from his point of view but it isn't always possible. You will likely feel anxious, when you cut with your shears your Narcissus' spider's web. You will feel regret and guilt so strong you'll want to pull them back in. Please, I beg of you, never do.

You will feel relieved when they are gone and when their allies — their associates — are gone. You will no longer feel that intense anguish and rage they gave you and you will be free of them, eventually. It may take some time. I never said it wasn't a process, but reader, you are beautiful and strong and you can do this. You deserve better.

And to my Krokus, my best friend in the whole world, I thank the gods that you are in my life every day. You build me up and make me a better version of myself and you deserve everything good in this world. Tell Prosymnus that it is true for him too. Beloved of the gods are you both and you deserve it more than anyone I've ever met. You are both in Elysium now and I weep for your happiness there — what a great blessing! I wish I could share it with you, for even Tartaros would be bearable with you both there, but enjoy it without me. If I am able, I will join you and I will see you again. That is my promise; we will all be happy again.

Lots of love,
Ameinias.