Chapter 3

"Yes" I said jumping up and hugging him.
"Great. I'll pick you up at 8." He said returning my hug.

The battle was over and everything was back to the way it was. Well not quite the way it was. Tony and Bruce became best friends. I called them science bros. Clint and Nat are still friends. Thor brought Loki back to Asgard with him and as for Steve and I, well I can't exactly tell you because we haven't even had our first date yet, but we both really like each other.

So everyone left to do their own thing.We all went our seperate ways.We'll all probably be together again. We are the Avengers after all.

So I went to my hotel room that I booked while I was here in New York. It was already 7 when I got there and Steve was coming at 8.

So I got in the shower and put on my black lace dress, which is ironic considering I don't really like to wear dresses. I don't like to wear heals either, but I did. I wore my mom's old black ones that she gave me. I'm not much of a makeup person either, but tonight is important so I might as well. I put some on and did my hair. My hair is a really really dark brown color. It's almost black. It's also really long and naturally straight. I also have to brush my bangs out of my eye.

My eyes are also really really dark brown. Most people think they're black.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I normally don't, but I need to. I mostly focused on my nose. After my brother punched me and broke it and after the battle with the Chatari I went to the doctors and she fixed it. It doesn't hurt anymore, but it's really hard for me to breath and smell. I can't really breathe through my mouth, but I'm trying. My nose doesn't look as bad as I did either. Which is actually a good thing.

I finished getting ready at about 7:30 so I had a half hour before Steve came to get me. I realized that I wasn't quite done getting ready. I forgot my jewelry. I put on the hoop earrings my grandmother gave me for my 16th birthday and the necklace she gave me for Christmas when I was 14. I finally finished getting ready and it was only 7:40. I was just gonna watch tv for the next 20 minutes when my phone rang.

"Hello." I said answering it.
"Hey Julie." I heard Clint say.
"What's up." I said.
"I just wanted to know if you were going out with Steve tonight." He said.
"Yea. I am. He's coming at eight." I told him.
"Okay. Have fun and um.... sorry about your nose and everything. I love you." He told me.
"Everything's fine. I love you too and I'll talk to you later. Bye." I said hanging up.

As soon as I hung up there was a knock at my door. I opened it and saw Steve with the cutest smile on his face. He was in a suit that made him look even more adorable than usual and he had a bouquet of roses, which is my favorite flower.

"How did you know Roses were my favorite?" I asked him smiling.
"Your brother told me." He said returning my smile.

He gave me the bouquet and we went outside. I was expecting to see his motorcycle, but to my surprise he rented a limo.

"Why don't you have your motorcycle?" I asked.
"I didn't think that you like it." He said.
"You don't need to impress me. Your Captain America for crying out loud. That's enough for me to be impressed." I told him.

He opened the limo door for me and got in after. It was a long ride until finally we stopped in front of a restaurant. It was so beautiful inside and out.

We got out of the car and Steve held the restaurant door open for me. He walked in front of me and told the hostess that we had reservation.

"Name." She said.
"Rogers. Table for two." Steve said to her.
"Right this way." She said.

She showed us to our table and gave us a menu. There wasn't really anything I liked on it so I figured that I would just get a salad. We were ready to order when the waitress came over.

"Can I start you guys off with some drinks?" She asked.
"Yea. I'll have a sprite. I said.
"I'll have the same." Steve said.

She left for about ten minutes and then she came back with our drinks.

"Okay. Are you guys ready to order?" She asked after bringing us our drinks.
"Yes. I'll have a cheeseburger and the lady will have a...." Steve told her.
"Just a salad please." I said.

She left and Steve started talking to me.

"Why just a salad?" He asked.
"Well....I'm a vegetarian." I said.
"Clint forgot to mention that." He said laughing.

Our food came and we didn't talk until we were done. The salad was the best I've ever had so far.

We finished our food and instead of going back to my hotel I decided that were should go for a walk. Steve thought that it was a great idea.

We went to a park and saw a lot of people dancing. I looked at Steve and I could see in his face that he wanted to join in.

"Steve. Do you wanna dance?" I asked.
"Sure." He said taking my hand.

We walked over and joined the dancers. I put my arms around his neck and buried my face in his chest. He put his arms around my waist. It was the best feeling ever. It felt like a dream, a fairy-tale until he stopped and broke away from me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.
"It's just that..." He looked said.

We sat down at a bench and talked.

"Steve. Tell me what's wrong." I said.

"When I was in the war I was in love for the first time. She liked me and kissed me before I went on a mission. There was a situation where I had to land a jet in the water so that no one else would die. I promised her a dance, but I was asleep for 70 years. So I'm sorry but you just remind me of her." He said tearing up.

"W....what was her name?" I asked even though I knew he couldn't take it.
"Peggy." He said.

It took him awhile to calm down, but when he did he took me back to my hotel. He walked me up to my room to say goodnight.

"I had a great night." I said.
"Me too. I'm sorry about the dance." He said looking down at the floor.

I picked his head up and gave him a smile.

"Don't worry about it." I said.

Before I walked into my room Steve turned me around and moved my bangs out of my eye. Then he started to lean in. I leaned in too. We kissed. He grabbed my face and I put my hands around his neck.

We looked up at each other and finally said goodnight. He waited until I went in my room to leave. I looked at him through my window and waited until he left so that I could jump up and down and I might have also squealed in my pillow. I had a really good night.