Baizhu 🌧🍡

Third POV:

    Y/n felt the brink of falling into despair with their hands clutching their hair. The tears rushing down their cheek, they stood outside of Bubu Pharmacy. The crushing words of their parents their mind repeatedly echoed throughout their thoughts.

Always thinking about that crazy pharmacist guy.

It's embarrassing to think that my child likes someone so weird.

That man is a bad influence to our child!

You're too sensitive about everything.

Liar.

The words kept bouncing back from every moment that Y/n tried to comfort themselves.

Why don't they just support me? Why do they just judge me constantly?

Y/n's head hurt from thinking different ways that they could rationalize and comfort themselves with from their dangerous mind. They rubbed their eyes vigorously to wash the tears from coming out.

Stop being so pathetic Y/n

They walked up the steps, pushing the door slightly open to see the pharmacy empty. Y/n hears the familiar voice the renowned pharmacist talking to someone, Y/n quickly tidy their clothes before lifting the veil covering between them.

"H-Hello Dr. Baizhu." Baizhu turned his head slightly to Y/n, "Ah if it isn't my favorite employee~"

Baizhu clasped his hand gleefully, "I was starting to worry if you had to schedule an absence considering how late you were." The doctor pouted innocently, Y/n chuckled dryly, "I'm sorry if I came a bit late, something came up."

"Ah, I see." Baizhu waved his hand nonchalantly, "I'll tolerate it for now because it's still new at your job and I'm feeling generous today."

Y/n sighed, "The hundredth time you said that, but thank you Dr. Baizhu." The green haired man patted the white snake around his neck. "You know what my name is Y/n, just call me Baizhu, hearing my name so formal like that makes my head ache."

Noted

"Alright Baizhu, do you need me do some more paperwork, fix the medicine cabinets, gather herbs or—"

"Changsheng," Baizhu interrupted mid sentence, "I spot that rat that you were chasing all week for." The white snake sprang from his neck looking around enthusiastically. "What!? Where?!"

"The hallway corner before making a hard right to where it's at." Baizhu smirked while nonchalantly pointed towards the hallway, the snake quickly slithered down across Baizhu's body before she scoped for the rat.

"I know you'll gonna get him this time sweetie!" Baizhu called out sarcastically before adverting his attention to the person standing awkwardly.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, I just wanted to help out my dear friend out, please do continue your question." Baizhu leaned against waiting for a response.

Y/n tried to remember what they were going to say before they spoke, "Well I asked if you needed assistance on work."

Y/n can feel Baizhu quietly observing them as they talked, "Dear, I can see you're not at your best self right now." Baizhu said suddenly. Y/n felt a shiver down their spine.

How did he know that?

"Judging from your expression, I was right, you're not in the best mood." Baizhu's small smile turned into a frown. Y/n played with a piece of fabric on their clothes as they struggled to muster a word.

"What are you talking about? I'm alright." Y/n exclaimed with a force smile. Baizhu's turned dark with his snake-like pupil piercing straight through to Y/n's eyes, "Your body language is uncomfortable, bad at hiding at what you're thinking my dear."

Y/n felt their mind hit a mid stop because they didn't respond back knowing its true. Baizhu got up from the counter before he lifts a hand moving a hair strand on Y/n's face before tucking it in.

"Please don't lie, I hate to see someone dear to me lie to make themselves feel better." Baizhu hums softly.

Y/n felt their skipped a beat before it continuously beating against their chest like a hammer.

They composed themselves before they spoke out slowly, "Fine, I am not ok." The words lifted a disgusting feeling in their mouths as they cringed.

Baizhu's expression softened before he lead Y/n towards a guest bedroom to sit down. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Y/n shook their head with their eyes fixated to the floor, not sparing a glance at Baizhu. "Do you need space? I can leave you alone."

Y/n shook their head again with small sniffles coming out of them, Baizhu remained silent as he scooted next to Y/n leaning next to them. "May I?" Y/n asked softly as she pointed at Baizhu's lap.

Baizhu nodded before Y/n leaned their head onto Baizhu's lap, Baizhu began to stroke and played with Y/n's hair as the two remain in comfortable silence. Butterflies filled in Y/n's stomach with them relaxing and their thoughts quiet down.

"Better dear?"

"Much better." Y/n said with a smile creeped up on their face.

Baizhu chuckled, "I'm glad you're feeling a bit better."

Y/n also chuckled before a thought cross their mind, "Hey Baizhu?"

Baizhu hummed in response as he listened in, "I wanted to tell you this for a long time now."

Y/n nervously sweated before they muster the courage to blurt out, "But I'm really in love with you." They buried their face in his lap as they listened for their answer.

Baizhu's eyes widen before he laughed, "What a coincidence so do I!" Baizhu laughed as he patted Y/n's head giving a smirk. Rose colored blushes made their way across Y/n's face.

"Really?"

Baizhu leaned over and lightly pecked Y/n's forehead, "Is that your confirmation or do I need to do more then a peck?~" Baizhu said before smiling slyly.

Y/n's face grew red as a tomato, "S-Since when you have a thing for me?" Baizhu puts a hand to his face while facing towards their direction, the sunlight reflecting beautifully on the green haired man.

"A long time actually, the moment when I met you was actually the happiest I ever felt besides meeting Qiqi." His voice softened as he smiled.

"I just never had the courage to tell you how I feel about you until now." Y/n felt their heart fluttered after hearing his words. "Wow, I never thought you felt the same about me." They said before sitting up to face Baizhu.

Baizhu chuckled before he pulled them into his embrace, "Me too dear, now I can trust someone to look after Qiqi."

Y/n sarcastically rolled their eyes, "So you're going make me to babysit Qiqi when you're running out errands?" The doctor puts his hand on his forehead. "You excepted me be to handle myself being a single father??"

Y/n became flustered from the response, "Since when I'm a parent!?" Y/n asked in disbelief, "Just now." Baizhu winked, only to be met with a pillow to the face.