Zhongchi 🌧 👑 🌗

(Crack fic taken way too serious 🤭)

Third POV:

    Childe and the Traveler sat down in Sumeru after Traveler stumbled across Childe and Zhongli walking in the streets of Sumeru. Zhongli went out to shop with Childe's money.

But Childe can't help but felt a growing dull ache from his chest making its way to his head as he struggles to focus his vision to the Traveler. Almost if the life was slowly being drained from his body.

"What's going on?" The ginger thought as he tried to listen in with the Traveler. As he looked to his left for the Traveler, what stood in their place was another "him" smiling menacingly.

Startled, he quickly pulled out his daggers as his brain rationed through fight more than flight. He began to take his stance towards the fake Childe about to strike him before a familiar voice called out to him.

Amidst the chaos, Zhongli happened to stumbled to a stall near the group before he saw Childe standing with his weapons out about to kill the Traveler. He quickly ran and stopped Childe in a bind, "Ajax! Snap out of it!"

Childe immediately snapped out of his rage as he looked around his surroundings with people staring at him. Most of them horrified and afraid, he lower his daggers down as he turned to Zhongli.

"Zhongli?" His gaze softened to the sight of his dear. "What happened?" Zhongli still in shock gripped Childe's shoulders, "Ajax, you almost killed the Traveler!" His hands gestured the scared and shocked Traveler with Paimon hiding behind them.

Childe's eyes widened, "I did?" Zhongli ran a hand through his hair. "Childe, is there something I need to know? Please tell me what's wrong?" Childe's memory of another man similar to him smiling burned brightly through his mind before he musters a fake smile.

"No, I just blacked out. I'm alright now sweetie." Zhongli smiled but his concern expression says otherwise. "Ok, if there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to call out to me." Zhongli said softly before embracing him in a tight hug.

Childe returned the hug back, rubbing circles on Zhongli's back to comfort him. His smile dropped along with his expression.

"Sorry Zhongli, I'll find out what's going on with myself before I hurt you or anybody else."

[Timeskip brought to you by Kaveh's briefcase attack]

Later that night, Childe was putting on his clothes on as he got ready to head out for a mission. Childe stared at the mirror getting an unnerved feeling before he brushes it off.

"It's just a feeling, Ajax."

He turned towards the doorway to find the same delusion figure from the morning before leaning against the doorway still smiling from before.

"We meet again."

Childe whipped his bow out aiming at the entity. "WHO ARE YOU!?" The bead of sweat trickled down his forehead, the figure leaned forward and tip his bow down.

"Oh Tartaglia, come on man don't you know to greet yourself?" Childe furrowed his brows, "What are you-"

"Isn't it obvious Tartaglia?" The figure then smiled wider than a normal humanly one. "I am you."

Childe lowered his bow, "W-What? No, you're just a cheap copy!" Other "Childe" shook his head, the dull happy look on his face continued to show as he calmly walked step by step towards Childe.

"Then why do we have the same weapon?" Other "Childe" pulled the same bow as Childe.

"The same looks, same battle stance, same voice patterns." Childe scoffed at the bold claims as he stood his ground.