Chapter 03

Chapter 03

It was a Saturday night and usually, I'd be thankful kapag hindi ako minessage ni Nikki para lumabas at magparty. I'd been told that I could be quite of a people pleaser na kahit na ayoko naman talagang lumabas, I'd still end up going out dahil lang nahihirapan ako na magsabi ng hindi.

Normally—normally—I would be thankful for the lack of invite... but I had seen Nikki's snapchat story and I knew she was partying and I thought I saw a glimpse of Zion on her story!

I got it so bad already and I had only seen the guy twice—but in my defense, in those two times, I'd seen him naked din! Bakit nga ba ako pumayag sa ganito?

Me: Saw Zion sa sc ni Nikki

Gem: And...?

Me: Idkkkk

Gem: You wanna contact him?

Me: Kinda

Me: But also afraid

Me: Because what if I did tapos hindi siya pwede???

Gem: E di hindi?

Me: Not that simple

Gem: It really is!

Gem: Go message him. If busy siya, e 'di better luck next time

Me: Idk

Gem: Bat ba takot na takot ka jan? I mean I get it he's cute but also, remind yourself that he's just a guy? Also you're friends with Nikki? She can literally introduce you to a lot of hot guys if you ask her?

I sighed. She's right. Nikki's been on my ass for a long time about my dating life—or the lack thereof. That's why I was kind of hesitant na sabihin sa kanya iyong kay Zion. I knew she'd be so supportive but also so protective. I agreed with the setup with Zion, but I also knew that it's a wrong decision. Nikki would definitely voice that out. And then I knew that she'd tell me that she'd introduce me to hot and nice guys.

Thing was, I wasn't interested on those hot and nice guys. Apparently, gusto ko iyong halos hindi ko nakakausap at nakikita ko lang kapag madaling araw na.

It's so bizarre to be self-aware of the red flag yet choosing not to do anything about it.

Okay. Bahala na nga.

I sent a simple hey at around 11PM. I wasn't holding my breath for his reply kasi nakita ko naman na nasa party siya. Still, hawak ko iyong cellphone ko and naka-on iyong notifs ko in the chance na mag-reply siya.

Zion5200: Whats up?

Me: Busy?

Zion5200: Depends

Me: Depends on what?

Zion5200: What you have in mind

Me: When will I see you again?

Zion5200: Depends on you

This was so bad dahil bakit ako kinikilig sa ganitong usapan namin? He was barely doing anything! My god, the bar was in hell at this point! This man could literally breathe in my direction at kikiligin na agad ako.

Me: What about now?

Zion5200: Okay

Me: Okay? You'll go here?

Zion5200: Yeah

Me: Great

Holy fuck.