Part 1

Jisung stood outside the bustling shopping mall, clad in a fluffy jacket and scarf. His hands were busy with numerous shopping bags filled with holiday gifts for friends and new clothes. He looked around, scanning for the shining red sports car that Minho drove. Jisung smiled, sticking out his tongue to catch a snowflake with his tongue. He checked his watch... it was just past five o'clock in the afternoon, the sun already sinking as soft flurries fell from the sky. His scent blockers were almost worn off; he had forgotten to reapply earlier. He checked his calendar on his phone and mentally groaned. His heat was starting soon. Jisung frowned. He hoped Minho would pick him up before anything bad happened to him.

As if on cue, he smelled two unfamiliar alpha scents coming closer from behind him. Slowly, he turned around to see a burly, bald man with a tall, stringy man next to him. They reeked of cigarettes and beer. They grinned as the bald man said, "Well, well. Look what we have here. A pretty little omega, all alone." They came closer. Jisung backed away, until he was backed up against the brick wall of a building, the wall blocking the view from any passerby, unless they were looking for him. His shopping bags fell from his hands.

"S-Stop," he uttered. His heart pounded in his ears. How would he escape? The taller man leaned in, his rancid breath suffocating Jisung.

"Aw, he talks," he sneered. He reached to touch a lock of Jisung's hair as the two men trapped him to the wall. Jisung turned away, dreading the touch. The tall man touched his face, forcing Jisung to face him. Jisung tried to push him away, but he was too strong. The man ran his fingers from Jisung's shoulders to his thighs, reaching in between his legs.

"Stop!" he said, this time more forcefully. The bald man grabbed his arm, pinning it to the wall as Jisung struggled against him. The man jeered at Jisung as he shrank away from him. Jisung was close to giving up when he smelled it. The salty scent of the ocean breeze, the soothing cool of raindrops, the warm yet fragrant aroma of cinnamon. Minho was here. His husband, his mate was here. The two men smelled it a second later, turning around to see the powerful alpha standing behind them, looking stunning in a black-and-white tuxedo. Jisung sagged in relief when he saw his lean, muscled body. Minho growled.

"If you fucking touch him again, you will wish you were never born," he hissed. When the men backed away, he grinned coldly and cruelly, showing his now-present fangs that gleamed in the cold winter sunlight. "Get the hell out of here, now." The men scurried away, glaring at Minho and Jisung. Minho rushed to Jisung, wrapping him in a tender hug. He breathed in Jisung's scent, which was like marshmallows and roasted pecans, warm and sweet. Jisung leaned his head against his chest, watching the snowflakes twirl to the ground. He felt Minho's heart beat against his ear. Minho wrapped his arms around Jisung's waist, scanning Jisung's face for any signs of injury. "Are you okay?" he murmured gently, pressing a soft kiss to Jisung's forehead. Jisung nodded.

"Thank you," he whispered, burying his head in Minho's neck. After a long moment, they pulled away. Minho picked Jisung's shopping bags off the ground, then lead him back to the car, which was parked on the side of the street, just around the corner to the mall. As they walked back, Jisung clung to Minho, whose arm was wrapped protectively around Jisung's waist. "How did you find me?" asked Jisung.

Minho breathed out. "Well, I went to pick you up in front of the mall, but I couldn't find you, so I got out of the car and went to look for you. As soon as I stepped onto the sidewalk, I could smell you. So I just followed the scent, until I saw you and those disgusting men," he said, frowning. "You have to remember to reapply scent blockers, okay? Especially so close to the full moon and before your heat," he murmured, pulling Jisung closer to him. Minho looked away. "In fact, it's almost too much for me," he said. His pupils were slightly dilated at the smell of Jisung without scent blockers.