Part 8

Minho stood after the group had drunk their coffees. "We should go," he said. "Thank you for everything. If there's any way I can pay you back, tell me." Hyunjin waved his hand dismissively.

"There's no need. You already paid us back with the explanation." He looked at Felix, who nodded.

"Really, you owe us nothing," assured Felix. Minho took his and Jisung's empty coffee cups and put them in the sink behind the table.

"Thank you," he said again. "Should I leave these here?" Felix nodded.

"That's fine," he said. Minho went to get the clothes from yesterday and piled them into a bundle, then went to Jisung and lifted him up, Jisung carrying the bundle of clothes. Felix and Hyunjin lead them to the door, saying goodbye.

"Thank you," Jisung called over Minho's shoulder. Felix and Hyunjin waved in response and closed the door. Jisung tapped Minho's arm. "Hey, I think I can walk now," he said. Minho looked down at him and kissed his brow.

"But I want to carry you," he said smiling. "Besides, you said that last time and you definitely couldn't walk."

"But that was a few hours ago! I can walk now," protested Jisung. Minho kept holding Jisung, refusing to put him down. His alpha instincts made him want to hold Jisung at all times to protect him, and he couldn't resist them.

"Sorry. I'm going to carry you," he told Jisung as he handed his phone to him. "Can you call an uber to pick us up?" Jisung sighed, doing as he said. The car arrived a few minutes later, and Minho lifted Jisung into the backseat of the car before going in himself. He kept one of his arms around Jisung even in the car.

"Where to?" asked the driver, a tired-looking man with large eyebags. Minho told him his address, then directed him to his house. When they arrived, Minho tipped the driver and carried Jisung, who rolled his eyes, out of the car and up the front steps. He opened the door to see the mess in the kitchen, the shattered window letting in gusts of cold air. The tables and chairs were overturned and blood splattered the floor. He stepped around the shards of glass on the ground and set Jisung on the couch in the living room.

"Wait here," he told Jisung. He started cleaning the kitchen as Jisung watched, trying to get up to help him. Minho noticed and gave him a pointed stare. Jisung sat back down.

"Come on, I'm safe right now," he said. "Nothing bad will happen if I stand up," he reasoned. Minho considered it, then looked at the shattered window.

"You weren't safe in the kitchen," he said stubbornly. Jisung heaved a sigh.

"But you put assassins in jail, right? So it should be safe," he tried again. Minho set his jaw.

"Fine. But stay where I can see you." Jisung smiled and agreed, getting off the couch and walking to Minho. The glass had been swept off the floor, and Minho had wiped the blood off, too. Jisung fixed the chairs and the table, with Minho's help. When the kitchen had been restored back to its original state, save for the window, which they had patched up, Minho called someone to permanently fix the window and Jisung tried to go upstairs. Minho finished his call and saw Jisung limping up the stairs. "Hey, if you go upstairs, I'm going upstairs too," he reminded Jisung. Jisung shrugged.

"That's fine with me," he said. He reached their bedroom and headed to the bathroom, showering and brushing his teeth quickly. He changed into sweatpants and a sweatshirt that belonged to Minho, then flopped onto the bed, exhausted. He lay still as Minho cleaned up and changed, almost dozing off again. When Minho saw Jisung lying on the bed, he lay next to him, nuzzling his ear.

"Are you tired?" asked Minho as he played with a strand of Jisung's hair. Jisung leaned against him, resting his head on his chest.

"Mmhmm," he responded. "I don't know why, since I just slept for more than ten hours. But I am, so maybe I'll take a nap."

Minho kissed the top of his head. "Last night wasn't restful sleep for you," he said. "So you should take a nap." It was a Saturday, so they could nap all day if they wanted. He slipped a hand under Jisung's shirt and rubbed his stomach softly, causing Jisung to relax and become drowsier. He put his head in the crook of Minho's neck and gently kissed the sensitive spot. Minho shivered, then wrapped his arms around Jisung's body and kissed him back. They cuddled there for half an hour, until Jisung suddenly sat up and took a few deep breaths.

"Are you okay?" Minho asked, sitting up with him and putting his hand on Jisung's back. Jisung nodded.

"I'm fine...I just felt a bit nauseous," said Jisung. "Wait here." He swung his legs out of bed and headed to the closet, leaving Minho confused. Jisung came out carrying Minho's old blanket, then spread it on the floor next to the bed, folding the corners in to make a circle. He went back into the closet to get spare pillows. Jisung arranged the pillows carefully, making microscopic adjustments until he was finally satisfied. He made several more trips to the closet, coming out each time with his hands full of Minho's clothes and arranging them carefully on the blanket. He was making a new nest, which could soothe him at any time. Omegas often build nests to comfort themselves during pregnancy, tough times, when they are sick, and during heats. Jisung was always very particular about the way things were placed in his nest, and was now looking for the last perfect piece to complete his nest. He looked at Minho, then smiled.

"Give me your shirt," he told Minho. Minho looked at the pile of clothes Jisung had already taken from him.

"But you already took half my wardrobe," he protested. "At this point, I'll have nothing to wear!" Jisung pouted, sitting on Minho's lap and playing with the edge of his shirt, ready to tug it off.

"None of the clothes have enough of your scent on them except for your shirt right now," he said. He looked at Minho with wide eyes and kissed his cheek. "Please?" he asked softly. Minho sighed, unable to resist Jisung.

"Fine..." He pulled off his shirt and handed it to Jisung, who grinned and hugged the shirt. He placed it in his nest then sat in the nest, sinking into the pile of soft pillows and clothes. Jisung burrowed beneath one of the many blankets and motioned for Minho to join him. Minho obeyed and lay down in the pile of soft things, including his clothes. Jisung grinned and hugged him, then curled up on top of him, instantly more comfortable. Minho smiled and watched Jisung, tenderly stroking his hair. They fell asleep together, enveloped by each other's scents.