Part 9

Months passed by as Jisung's belly grew and the delivery date approached. He slept in his nest almost every night with Minho now, and only felt safe with him by his side. He had frequent checkups at the doctor's and they had seen that the baby would be an alpha boy. One day while he was resting in his nest after work, Jisung felt his stomach contract. He shrugged it off; he was in his third trimester of pregnancy and sometimes had random contractions.

"Honey," called Jisung. Minho came running into the room, always ready to help Jisung. "Can you sit with me?" asked Jisung. He couldn't seem to get enough of Minho's sweet, ocean-breeze scent. Minho sat in the nest and pulled Jisung into his lap, placing his hands under his shirt and on his now huge belly. Jisung smiled and kissed Minho, placing his hands over Minho's. He dozed off quickly, completely comfortable in Minho's arms.

Jisung awoke to the contractions of his stomach becoming more and more frequent, sometimes slightly painful. They became stronger and closer together. Jisung clenched his teeth as a wave of nausea hit him and his legs cramped. His lower back was full of increasing pressure, and he sat up as he felt his water break. "Minho," he said, his voice slightly strained. Minho woke up almost immediately and sat up, focusing on Jisung. "I think we need to go to the hospital." They stood up, Minho helping Jisung, and headed to the car. He picked up a bag he had prepared before with things for the hospital and drove to the hospital as he held Jisung's hand. They checked into the hospital, then were guided to a room by a nurse. She helped Jisung into bed and attached him to all the monitors, then left.

A doctor came in and gave Jisung anesthetics for the c-section. She put compression stockings on him, then told him to take a deep breath and look to his mate for comfort. Jisung did as she told and hazily watched as they performed the c-section. The anesthetics only numbed the lower half of his body, so he was still awake. He watched as the doctor lifted the baby out and cleared its airways. She cut the umbilical cord and removed the placenta. Jisung felt slightly faint as she closed the cuts on his stomach with sutures. He held out his hands when a nurse handed him the baby, newly wrapped in a hat and a bundle of blankets. When Jisung cradled the baby in his arms, he felt a warm burst of joy, pride, and protectiveness for his child. It was like holding a glowing drop of the sun: so wonderful and bright, but also warm and comforting. He smiled as he looked at his baby's pink, slightly squashed and already adorable face. Minho stood at his side, smiling widely. He cooed at the baby and practically glowed with joy when he cooed back.

Jisung handed him to Minho, who took the baby and held it to his chest proudly. He could tell he would be strong and smart one day. Minho was already extremely protective of their little bundle; he would not allow any harm to come to him. Minho, somewhat reluctantly, handed the baby back to Jisung. "His name will be... Chan. Lee Chan," said Jisung softly. Minho squeezed Jisung's hand as the nurse and doctor took Chan away. After two days, Jisung was discharged from the hospital and told to rest and recuperate for four to six weeks. He went home with Channie, Minho growling at anyone who looked at either of them. He was very protective of them both.

When they reached the house, Minho and Jisung stood together, holding Chan in Jisung's nest, cuddling as a family. A warm, joyful feeling spread over the new family as they cuddled together.

END