Part 5

Girls and boys chatted and gossiped in the lunchroom as Jisung stood with some of his friends, Felix, Hyunjin, and Seungmin, who was nervously patting his hair, trying to fix it before his crush walked by. Jisung stifled a laugh.

"It looks fine," he said. Seungmin had been agonizing over his new haircut, which just looked like any old haircut, ever since he came to school that morning.

"No, it doesn't!" Seungmin hissed. He noticed Yang Jeongin, or as his friends sometimes affectionately called him, I.N, walking down the hall. He was a year younger than them, but was friendly with most people with the people in the grade above. He ducked behind Hyunjin, who snickered.

"Hey, Jeongin. Want to hang out with us?" Hyunjin asked, mostly to annoy Seungmin.

Jisung snickered as well, until he saw Minho walking down the hall behind Jeongin. His smile faded as Minho made a beeline to him.

"I need to talk to you," he muttered, his eyes dark and serious. Jisung shifted uncomfortably and glanced at his friends, then back at Minho.

"Okay," he said hesitantly. Minho grabbed his wrist and pulled him into an empty classroom down the hall, quickly shutting the door behind him. Sunlight poured through the windows, giving everything a golden glow.

"What's wrong-mmph!" Jisung was cut off by a desperate, hungry kiss from Minho. He put his hands on Minho's shoulders as Minho wrapped his arms around his waist. They broke apart, panting. Jisung looked more closely at Jisung and noticed that he had dark bags under his eyes and paler skin than normal. "Are you okay?" asked Jisung.

"I'm better now that I'm with you," breathed Minho. He rested his head on Jisung's shoulder heavily and hugged Jisung closer to him, pressing their bodies together. Jisung frowned.

"What happened?" There was no response as Minho just buried his face in the crook between Jisung's neck and shoulder. Jisung pulled away. Tenderly, he cupped Minho's chin in his hands. "Please tell me," he murmured. Minho avoided his gaze and turned away.

"I'm fine"

"No, you're not."

"Look, I'm just... tired and stressed from exams and stuff. But being with you makes me more relaxed, so I'm fine now."

Jisung narrowed his eyes. He knew Minho was lying; Minho was the one of the top students in their school, and he knew he never had problems with classwork. But he let it slide, because he knew if Minho was hiding something from him, it was for a good reason, and Minho would tell him soon anyways. He stayed there in Minhi's arms for a moment later, then pulled away.

"Okay," he said. "Well, we have class soon, so we should go. I'll see you later." Jisung opened the door, checking if any students were nearby. There weren't, so he and Minho left the classroom. Jisung didn't understand why Minho wanted to keep their relationship a secret, but Minho felt strongly about it, so he agreed. They parted, not saying anything more.

After class, Jisung spied Minho and Felix talking quietly about something. Neither was smiling, and both looked tired and anxious. Why was Minho talking to Felix? Jisung had never seen either say anything more than a simple 'hello' or 'goodbye' to each other. He stepped closer, listening to their conversation.

"-please, Felix. It'll be safer for everyone." Minho whispered, desperation creeping into his voice.

"Fine. We'll do it tonight," Felix said grimly. He turned around and left. Minho sagged against the wall and sighed. He seemed relieved. But what were they talking about? What were they going to do? Jisung thought of following Minho or Felix home, but decided against it at the last second. He didn't want to invade their privacy.