•Summary -§§§- A/N•

Before I Let Go
-§§§-

•Before I Let Go•-§§§-

        As of late, famous singer/songwriter, Cory Hartley, finds himself to be the center of a media circus

As of late, famous singer/songwriter, Cory Hartley, finds himself to be the center of a media circus. Following an arrest for possession and a 90 day stint in rehab, new allegations of a supposed love-child have surfaced.

Cory, however, is facing problems of his own much bigger than false statements made up by a woman he's never met.

A decade has passed since the tragic death of his best friend—the accident that not only took Aidan's life, but his sense of peace.

Haunted by the ghosts of his past, Cory decides to end his own life. Having pushed everyone away with his self destruction, Cory only wants to say goodbye to one person before he goes—his first love—who just so happens to be Aidan's little sister.

Cory must face his past head on, and unravel the tragedy that he wished had taken him instead. The secrets he's kept the last ten years will finally be set free—but can Cory be set free—after discovering he's not the only one that's kept a decade long secret?

-§§§-

Quick A/N

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to check this out. If you didn't read the description, this story is for mature audiences. The topics discussed may be upsetting to some readers.

This is the first story I've written that I outlined first, (I feel like I cheated.) This story is filled with classic tropes and very unoriginal ideas; however, the core of this story (for me) was to explore post traumatic stress disorder; primarily, survivors guilt—how one would overcome such a trauma, especially while living life in the spotlight.

This story is for entertainment purposes only, and is riddled with grammatical errors and possible plot holes and cliches.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy

-§§§-

If you, or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide or experiencing a mental health crisis, please call or text 988, or chat at 988lifeline.org