20: Family Reunion

Song: parents- YUNGBLUD

Azrael"s POV

I awoke with a jolt, Talia being the one to shake me awake. If that wasn't a dream, I had some explaining to do.

"Save it, I don't want to hear any of your lame excuses. I won't tell a soul, as long as you promise to give me all the juicy details later." She said, giving me a wink.

I rolled my eyes, "The next time you wink at me I might just throw up on you. But fine, later."

She squealed, "I'm so excited! What's up with the accent by the way?"

Luckily we were off the plane at that moment, so I didn't have to answer her question. Waiting for me was my Mother, someone I was actually glad to see.

  "Azure Darling! Oh how long it's been, how are you sweetheart?" My mother said enthusiastically, running up to give me a hug.

  I don't like to show affection in front of people, but I can make an exception for my mother, "Just lovely, Mother. How are you and the rest of the family?"

  I hate to admit it, but my mother gives the best hugs, and that's saying something. I could already feel the pure disbelief and shock radiating off of the people behind me, but they'll get to question me later. They will not ruin this moment.

  "Well unlike you I won't lie about our well-being. Your father is working extremely hard, so he's never home. Your siblings miss you, son. Why not greet them? I'll take care of your friends for you," She sighed, clearly seeing the frustration in my face. My father is a sore subject, I don't particularly like him very much. It's just hard to hear that my siblings have been suffering here at home.

  My mother walked over to everyone else to bring them inside and show them around. My childhood home is massive, so they'll be gone for a while.

  Turning around before Mother left, I asked, "Where are they anyway?"

  "Probably in their rooms, or watching TV in the living area."

  That sure helped.

  I headed inside, trying to search for my siblings. All of them are younger than me, and the one closest to my age would be my sister, Iris. She's five years younger than me, making her 21. The complete opposite of me, my sister is the kindest person I have ever met. She's calm, collected, and very smart. The only time I've ever seen her act up is when she gets super angry. As you can probably guess, she's a wind type, mainly focused around small gusts and breezes. I don't think we look like siblings, after all, her hair is super long and chocolate brown. My hair is platinum. She has bright blue eyes, I have grey. Nothing alike if you ask me.

  The middle child would be my asshole brother. Everyone always says, "Oh you and your siblings will be best friends when you're older! You'll miss fighting with them!" Newsflash, I don't. He's 7 years younger than me, so I would only see him when I visited, but I still hate him. He's a snitch, and loves to cause trouble, especially with me and my father. Unlike my sister, he got my dad's platinum hair, like me. He has bright blue eyes just like my sister, and you would think that he had a lot of muscle, but he's actually quite skinny. Kilo's power is to make someone hallucinate. See how easily he could cause trouble when I was younger? I'd be content with never seeing him again.