Ouch

We were each given a fly trap plant to share in couples to practice feeding, but the needles of this plant were sharper than I thought as my finger was nicked by the starving plant dropping a worm into its desperate mouth, "ouch!" I said as I pulled my hand back, it started bleeding heavily immediately and I sucked on the wound, but I could see Jasper frozen.. his hands trembling and his face became hungry, He took a deep inhale and turned away as he drank something from a small bottle, I quickly ran to Miss Thornhill who gave me a small dressing...
Jasper had disappeared before I could even get back to the desk in time, his bag and books had been taken away too.. I felt terrible.

I met with Enid for lunch, of course she'd have known about what went down in class, "I heard Jasper had to leave class early because of those fly traps, miss Thornhill's Plants are brutal, I'm surprised she's allowed to let students handle them, are you okay?" She gasped as she saw my finger, "yeah I'm fine I'm just worried about Jasper" I sulked, "he'll be fine.. just a close one if you ask me" Enid giggled, as I looked up I saw him retreat to the fangs table, and immediately they cast their attention on him as they looked back at me, Enid saw me looking guilty "don't worry y/n, things like that don't happen often they're probably just asking him what it was like", "like what?" I asked in confusion, "he can't be afraid of blood he's a vampire" I said, "no silly!" Enid exclaimed, "I mean fighting the urge, like stopping himself from sucking you dry kinda thing", Enid said with a nervous giggle, my eyes widened, "I'm so stupid" I whispered, "don't worry too much about it, see he's fine" Enid assured me as she motioned to the fangs, Jasper seemed to be focused deep in a conversation with yoko, I instantly felt a strange sense of jealousy... like I wanted him to be talking to me, and properly not just small talk.