Chelsea XLI

A cool breeze through the room and an empty space beside me has me knowing that Jordyn is on the balcony.

She's done it every morning since we've been here and I like to greet her on our balcony, overlooking the sunrise.

I walk up behind her and hug her waist.

"Good morning." I can hear the smile in her voice.

"Good morning." I say back.

"Look at that sunrise. Isn't it wonderful?" she thinks aloud.

"Yeah. But you are way more wonderful." I brag.

She chuckles. "What's the plan today, chief?" she asks, turning in my arms and holding my shoulders.

"Well, I'm going sort stuff out in the basement and if I get that that finished quickly, I'll go shopping. We need food." I explain.

"I could do the basement. You don't have to-"

"Shhh." I put my finger on her lips, "I'm going sort the basement out. You do the TV and relax for the rest of the day. Okay?"

"Okay." she nods.

I get dressed into some sweats and one of Jordyn's tshirts, I like the baggy feeling and they smell like her so it's a win-win.

I eat some breakfast and brush my teeth.

I head downstairs and into the basement.

This basement is not your everyday tacky, mouldy and spider-ridden room that is filled with useless shit. No. Instead, the basement is like all of the other rooms in the house. It has pristinely white walls and a soft carpet that feels like clouds. The lighting is awesome and it has AC and a heater. Also, other rooms branch from the big one, so we could have storage in there if we need it. We live in a relatively new house, so all of the features are new and near perfect.

I decide that it would be easier to put up the wall mounts first. So I unpackaged them and get the drill.

Jordyn wants them in a zigzag kind of pattern, so I'll probably need a ladder as well.

I will put them on the left side wall. So I start mapping out on the wall with a pencil where I'm going to put them and take a deep breath as I place the mount over the first mark and hold the first screw in place.

I drill it in with ease and I smile to myself. I put in the other two screws for that mount and do a little victory dance.

I do the rest and it takes me about ten minutes.

Now I can do the desk. Thank god for instructions.

I follow the instructions for the desk, step by step, carefully and find that about two hours later, there's a desk in the middle of the room. I move it to one corner so it's out of the way.

"It's looking good down here, babe." I hear Jordyn's voice tell me.

I turn to her and smile like a proud kid.

"Thanks. I just gotta put up the lights and posters and then I'll be done down here, for now. We could always set up instruments and whatnot later. Do you like the mounts?"

"Yeah, I do. That's exactly how I wanted them. Thank you, Chelsea. This is looking awesome. Do you want a coffee?" she asks me.

"I would love a coffee, thanks."

She goes back upstairs and I look at what posters we've got here. Two Paramore, a Panic! At the Disco one, Set It Off and Queen poster.

There's a wall on the opposite side of the door that is looking pretty empty and I think I could get all five on there. It's a pretty wide wall as well so I could space it out evenly and fill the wall or leave space for more posters that Jordyn has. Yeah, I'll do that.