Prologue: Dumb Blonde

"My friend (Y/n) loves scary movies," Casey's voice was filled with adoration, "It's a bit weird but I love her anyway

"My friend (Y/n) loves scary movies," Casey's voice was filled with adoration, "It's a bit weird but I love her anyway."

0

    "Tell me something (Y/n)?" Casey was sitting crisscrossed on her bed, teen magazine in her lap as she watched her best friend section another part of her hair in two, "Why are you so against me dating Steve?"

    The said girl looked up from her spot in front of the vanity, she was almost done with twisting the last section of her hair-four more to go and she'd be done. Today- Tuesday, the normal day the two girls would have their scheduled sleepovers, sometimes it would be spent gossiping-mostly instigated by Casey-painting nails, or simply talking about their future as the afro haired did her hair. She felt safe doing her hair at her best friends, it beat staying home alone while her aunt was out on the night shift at the hospital.

    "I'm not against you dating him," (Y/n) blew out, she thought back to how things were announced earlier this week, "I just didn't like how I had to lie to Stu about what really happened." The girl hated lying-especially when someone she cared about asked her to do it. It felt dirty lying to Stu when he asked her if Casey cheated on him with the football player, of course she did as her best friend asked of her-still didn't make it right.

    Casey stiffened on the bed, her face suddenly growing red from embarrassment, "I-I know...It was really big of me to ask that of you since you're considered a good friend of his," The blonde laid back on the bed, her lips wobbling a bit, "I'm not going to justify my actions of what I did but-I needed something else-a distraction-"

    "A distraction-?"

    "That was a bad way to put it! The relationship wasn't for me (Y/n)! I couldn't see myself being with him forever-"

    "You should've told him that-"

    "It doesn't matter anymore," Casey snapped, her eyes seemed to hold back tears that werent even for the failed relationship, "He's off fucking Tatum. The exact bitch I told you that would flirt with him non stop. Not to mention the way he looks at y-"

The blonde stopped herself while she was ahead. No it wasn't right to tell her about the many times Stu had spoken to Casey about (Y/n) while they were alone. The couple had even discussed a threesome with their favorite best friend in mind while they were drunk one date night underneath the stars.

Casey was fine with it, until each time her best friend laid next to her in the bed-she was filled with something that shouldn't have been there. Something frowned upon, so when the next time her ex boyfriend mentioned it she shut it down immediately. (Y/n) didn't deserve her first time to be like that, she needed commitment. Something she knew most guys in her school wouldn't go for.

    (Y/n) cocked her head to the side sending a questioning gaze to the blond who had her head in the clouds. She knew that the twos' relationship isn't perfect-hell no relationship is but she thought she knew better than to cheat on someone. Man or women, it wasn't right to sleep with someone else when you had a partner already. But she had never been in a relationship, so she couldn't judge or tell her what was right or wrong in this case. So instead she'd rather distract her best friend rather than scold her.