Chapter Nine: Bloody Press

Authors note: BREAKING NEWS! GALE WEATHERS GETS HER SHIT WRECKED

"One day you'll fucking regret crossing the wrong bitch Weathers! And there'll be no fucking flowers on your grave!" - (Y/n) (L/n)

9

The smell of freshly cooked bacon and eggs filled the Riley kitchen with a surge of hope for a new day. The atmosphere was warm in comparison to the other night that will surely be remembered for the rest of their lives.  Mrs. Riley had made it her priority to fill the kids stomachs as much as possible before the day got started. They needed some sense of normalcy before heading into the school doors. The campus was already swamped with the press, there was no doubt that the students were restless as well.

"I know they let you guys have a day off yesterday but do think you should stay home,"

Tatum dug into her pancakes with a grimace, "Your objection is duly noted."

The girl had preferred if they didn't talk about what could happen at school today. The cheer team had blown up the house phone non-stop yesterday to talk about Sid and (N/n). She understood the curiosity and the drive for gossip, but privacy was what was needed for the both of them at the moment. There were lines even she didn't cross when she had enough sense.

Although her best friend wasn't showing any signs of fear she could sense it wafting off of her. And who could blame her, with the killer calling again the other night saying she had pointed the finger at the wrong guy again? The Cotton Weary case is still being talked about even with the serial killer at large, and it did truly make her wonder if the man truly did kill Sidney's mother.

The town talks alot about drama and rumors, and Tatum has heard a thing or two in regards to Mrs Prescott during cheerleading practices here and there, but it wasn't something she would rely back to her best friend. She didn't want her best friend to think she was  gossiping about her family, that simply is horrid.

"I want to be around a lot of people, mama Reily," Sidney mustered up a smile, "Plus I want to see how (Y/n) is doing today. I should've called but I wanted her to be able to process everything going on."

It was mainly the truth. The other reason she didn't call is because she would feel inclined to tell her the phone call she received the other night from the killer in question. (Y/n)'s names rolled off that sick man's tongue as if it was second nature— a blessing to be able to utter it. And the possessive crossroads of his tone with calling her his— Sidney could only shiver at the thought.

As if sensing her discomfort, Tatum placed a hand on her shoulder. She too was worried for the girl, but she was with someone who didn't have family around her right now. There were still no signs of Sidney's dad according to the police officers and not to mention she was practically alone due to having no mother. One that was brutally murdered. Just like her alibi was the other night.