Chapter 4

"Teacher Choi!" Hyunsuk turns his head towards the cheerful voice that called out to him. His face lightens up as he spots Jisung running through the pathway with a big wide smile on his lips. The little boy is running at full speed toward him. His cheeks are pink from exertion, making it hard for Hyunsuk not to giggle at him. The thick puffy jacket makes his cuteness even more apparent. Hyunsuk brings his hand to Jisung's head as the boy reaches by his leg and softly ruffles his hair. The little boy giggles.

"Hey, Hyunsuk," a deep and familiar voice greets him. Hyunsuk rises his head to look at Jihoon who approaches them with a smile on his face. A brown wool scarf hangs around his neck, matching his black long coat. His hair falls in soft strands over his forehead, framing his delicate features. Hyunsuk's heart flutters. He feels warmth rushing to his cheeks.

Jihoon still looking at Hyunsuk with his friendly smile, not knowing how much of an effect he has on the other male.

"Uhmm, hey..." replied Hyunsuk nervously, doesn't dare to look into Jihoon's eyes. He was scared he might melt under the intensity of Jihoon's gaze. He can feel his heartbeat loud against his ribcage. The pounding in his ears almost deafened him.

"You get home safely, right?" Jihoon's soft and gentle voice breaks him away from his trance. There's a bit of concern laced in his voice. Hyunsuk knows he asks merely out of care but it still makes his chest tighten with affection. He couldn't stop himself from smiling wide. His stomach churned with butterflies at the thought of  Jihoon worrying about him.

"Yeah," Hyunsuk nods, unable to hide the happiness on his face. His heart thunders against his chest.

"I'm glad to hear it," said Jihoon with a wide, relieved smile on his face. "It could be dangerous to walk alone on a snowy night," continued the man. He then glances at the watch on his left wrist.

"Ah, Jisung, papa got to go now. Bye, ~~" Jihoon bends down, to give Jisung a quick peck on the cheek and ruffle his hair softly. After receiving a peck from his father, Jisung makes his way into the classroom. Jihoon then straightens his back and starts walking away. Before disappearing from Hyunsuk's line of vision, Jihoon turns back and says with a smile, looking straight into Hyunsuk's eyes, "See you later."

Suddenly, it feels like a cold and breezy wind blows through his soul. He just could stand there, looking at Jihoon walks away until he disappears out of sight. Even in this cold and blustery weather, Hyunsuk feels warm inside. His cheeks are tinged with a slight blush as the hotness creeps all over his face. It feels weirdly intimate. Jihoon's smile, his voice, his presence...it's all too overwhelming to Hyunsuk.

"Geez, he is something else," Hyunsuk mumbles behind the back of his hand. Letting the steam arises from the top of his head. He tried to calm his racing pulse. A soft chuckle comes from beside him. Turning his head to look at the source of the sound, Hyunsuk sees Suhi approaching him.

The shorter woman wears a bright smile.
"What do you mean by really something else'?" she asks with a chuckle, a hint of mischief lacing her tone.

"W-what do you mean?  I don't know what you mean. Let's get in!"  Hyunsuk exclaims hastily, trying to hide his red-faced expression. He then quickly run inside the daycare building to avoid any further conversation.

Suhi snickers and shakes her head in amusement before entering her class. 

"Woah, it's snowing heavily outside," Suhi commented as she looked outside of the wide window of the daycare building. The snowflakes fell gently on the ground, creating a big white carpet in the yard.   Suhi watched intently, her hands holding onto the windowsill as she gazed outside.

"Teacher Suhi," Suhi turned her head as she heard her name being called. Hyunsuk walks next to her with a tray of cookies and two glasses of hot chocolate. He places one glass of hot chocolate by Suhi on the desk.