Chapter 11

Gee couldn't stop giggling. Seriously, all day on Sunday, she would stare at her phone, giggle, type, wait, giggle again, and then repeat. I knew what it was, and I was happy for her. By the end of the previous night, she and Leah were obviously happy with what they'd learned about each other, and there may have even been some kissing between the pair. She had been on cloud nine the entire way back to the dorm and was so happy she'd decided to try being with a woman. Obviously, anyone can be an asshole when you date them, but so far, the reviews on their budding romance were positive.

In other news, Melissa finally got the hint that her views on life were drastically different than those of everyone else's, and she made a hasty farewell after the game. The other roommates of Leah were all fun, and a good mix of personalities. Some had their boyfriends over, some girlfriends, and some were painfully single. I'd had to make it clear to a lovely redhead named Morgan that I was trying to make it work with a girl I'd met back home in Florida, but she gave me her number just in case.

Yeah, Tegan and I weren't exactly together, but I didn't want to mess around while there was that chance.

"Oh my god!" Gee finally gasped just after lunch. "Leah's taking me to dinner! What should I do?"

"Eat food?" I suggested with a laugh.

"That isn't helping! Is she going to want me to have sex with her? Is there a female equivalent to a hand job? My sister used to do a lot of those." She was working herself up with worry and I didn't want to tease her.

"Gee, stop. Leah isn't going to pressure you, okay? She's a good person, and she likes you. If she hurts you, I'll kill her. Just go have a good night. When you're ready for more, you'll know it."

She fell back on her bed with a sigh. "Fine. But she better let me feel those boobs. Hers are so nice! And she has great abs too! Maybe I wanna have sex already!"

I could only giggle lightly to myself, but I can't say I was shocked. Gee hadn't really had much experimentation before, and Leah was a hot basketball player who was being nice and asking her out. If they didn't get naked within a few weeks, I'd be shocked.

But once she left with Leah, I was alone. My homework was done, and I knew I couldn't contact Tegan. The phone number was only for basketball related communication, anything else was strictly forbidden. It sucked! It had been three days and I was already feeling how hard it was going to be to maintain this relationship.

But I guess it was better than not having one.

On the flip side, had Tegan said no, I could have tried hanging out with Morgan. Shit. There really was no winning.

With my mind whirling over the predicament my love life had become, I grabbed my basketball and went down to the courts to shoot around. Tomorrow was the first team practice, and I wanted to be ready. I spent an hour on the court, and felt a lot better after working up a sweat.

The first practice wasn't intense. It was mostly a shoot around and some drills as the coaches showed us the offensive and defensive systems that that team used. We had more than a month of scheduled practices before the first game and the idea was that we'd learn things on Monday, practice them in a scrimmage on Wednesday, and then learn to correct any mistakes on Friday. Hopefully that would allow us to learn everything by the time we kicked off the season.

I thought I did a good job of not staring at Tegan at practice. It wasn't hard, since she was ignoring me like a pro, and I was mostly talking to Leah while avoiding Melissa. "Gee looked pretty happy when she got back last night. Good time?"

Leah smiled back at me. "Yeah, a real good time. She's a lot of fun. She's really diving into the whole I want to be a lesbian thing."

I nodded. "She seemed that way to me too. I don't think she's dated a lot, so she doesn't know what to expect. You'll probably have to be really patient with her."