Chapter 37

"Are you sure about this?" I asked Skye as I kissed the ankle that was resting on my shoulder and looked down at her sweat soaked sheets. We'd made a mess tonight and were going to have to change them for sure.

               "Yes! I told you I wanted to try all three of them, and we're not done!" she said, trying to pull me towards her by hooking her hands in the straps of the harness.

               I think we've already settled that I don't like road trips because I don't like being away from Skye. Yes, some risqué phone sex helped, but it wasn't enough. I missed falling asleep with her, waking up to her, cuddles, laughs over dinner, and the taste of her. After the game in Indiana, we flew home, landing at a bit after 1am. We were all exhausted, and I just drove home mechanically, parking next to Skye's Jeep and trudging upstairs to the apartment. It was dark, and I did my best to be quiet, taking off my Jordan's and stripping down in the living room so I could just crawl into bed with my girl. I carefully picked up my clothes and padded to the bedroom with them.

               But as I got closer to it, the delicious scent of vanilla permeated the apartment, and I opened the door to find Skye naked in the bed, her ass on a pillow while she held her knees back so that she was wide open to me. That was quite the welcome! She had the biggest grin at my stunned expression, and I just dropped my clothes and dove in. I'd been so tired, I only had the energy to take care of her once before I needed sleep, but it was by far the best way I'd ever been greeted when coming home. I was going to have to return that favor some time!

               On Friday, I spent nearly six hours on campus in the ceramics studio because I'd spent so much time on the road that I needed to make up for missed time. I was making a new ceramic basketball, but this time a smaller one. I know it is a cliché, but I was making it out of multicolored segments with gaps between them so it would look like a rainbow that could be used as a Christmas tree ornament. Each segment would be a different color of the rainbow with a gap between them, and it would have a gold interior that would be visible through the gaps. It was my most ambitious project by far, and I really wanted it to be done by Christmas so I could give it as a present to my mom. It was nearly done, and I was just waiting on the final glazing to be done so I could submit it for a grade, then take it with me. Thank goodness I'd gotten better over the semester at this!

               Needless to say, I was over the moon happy when it came out of the kiln, and it looked just like I wanted.

               One of the best things about Skye having sold the tavern, was that she was home every night, and we got to spend a lot of time together in a setting other than the bar. We had been doing date nights as a group with Imani and Zara, and Leah and Gee, be it out in the city or at one of our houses. We also had nights on our own, watching movies, snuggling, and making love. It was nice, because it was much colder in North Carolina than back in Florida, so we had a lot more excuses for hot chocolate and lovely snuggles. If we had a fireplace, we'd be all set!

               It was a good life.

               So, after the ceramic studio, I went back to the apartment, knowing that several things were in store for me. One, my girlfriend would be home and most likely have food ready for us to share together. And two, we were going to try out the new toys that she'd bought.

               I guess I wasn't ready for the third thing though, arriving home to Skye cooking spaghetti and meatballs in nothing but a see through black bra, with a matching set of garters and crotchless panties.

               How the hell could I concentrate on eating when she was on display like this? Was her goal to make me so hungry for her that I'd eat fast so I could take her to our product test center? Well, the bed that is.