PART 10

Once Evan and Barty started dating, they became the worse for the level of PDA they showed was terribly cute but terribly disgusting to everyone that happened to see the lovesick couple or that is at least what regulus thinks

"Oi cut that out" Regulus threatened walking into the shared area of their dorm whilst setting eyes on the couple all tied up in a little pile of limbs and cuddles.

"As if you and Mr sunshine are any better" Barty fired back trying to defend himself.

"At Least I Keep that to the safety of my room away from prying eyes not out in the open so my eyes can see and create nausea all over my body. Plus I would rather not be teased thank you very much" Regulus fought back

"A little bit too late for that thunderbird, We literally saw you naked the day after-" Evan tried to argue before getting brutally cut off

"And did you knock?" Regulus argued you back knowing full well they brought that amongst themselves

"Well no but-"Barty argued

"Exactly now what's your excuse now move up loverboy" He commanded shuffling next to Evan and bringing his hands around the smaller boy's waist

"Ah I see what this is really about, You are just jealous that you cannot join in anymore now you practically have Pinky pie" Evan teased looking over to Barty and smirking his way.

This filled Reg's head with far too many dirty thoughts and led him to gag and swat his head. This was enough for them to get the hint and they all just sat and spoke about everything under the sun including Reggies very own sun. He was the sun and Regulus was the star and he honestly hoped that would never change.

However things do change, he knows this far too well from his experiences. He never assumed a year ago he would be sitting next to his best friends who finally bit the bullet and finally got the balls to create such a beautiful relationship. He never knew he would sit fawning over the talk of the Gryffindor Tower.

But as he very well knew the end of the year was looming and only god knew what was heading for him in the brand new year.

XXX

"OI Gryffindors party in the common room tonight. Let's bring the new year in with a bang. Fireworks lit off the tower, tell all your friends and yes before you ask everyone is invited unless you are friends with Snivillus. Thank you and goodnight" James briefed everyone coming into the common room

James had not spoken to Regulus since their argument about a week ago and he missed him so much. It was not that he did not want to talk to Regulus of course he did. He just got nervous every time he thought about talking to him and talking about his feelings and to be honest he was entirely sure what they had was. Yes he was aware he enjoyed kissing him, he was aware he never wanted to stop kissing him, he wanted, well he wanted him, that much was obvious but everything was so confusing and complicated. This is not some random Slytherin he was talking about, this was Regulus Black, Sirius' brother. Not only will Sirius kill him for even touching his brother. Regulus himself was always hard to figure out. He was stubborn, and barely let his guard down even in the safety of his room he still had some walls up and honestly James had broken down most of those walls but he would give anything to see the real Regulus Black, the soft Regulus Black, The regulus black only Barty and Evan get to see but he was nervous and this is why James Potter had spent the entire week throwing himself into quidditch, pranks and even studying.

This, of course, made everyone extremely suspicious including professor McGonagall who saw a rise in James' grade and less chatter between James and Sirius, However, James knew that this could not last forever and tonight he was going to make a move. He was going to talk to Regulus Black and there was no better place to do this than the Gryfindor New year's eve party.