chapter 11

It was Halloween night. It was another classic marauders' party. It was thrown every year. It was the kind of party that you just had for one purpose, to get absolutely drunk and that was the only rule really, that and you have to be dressed up in a costume. 

This year was the first year they had all become anamagi so they thought it would absolutely hilarious to turn up as their inner animal and of course, Mooney was a wolf, if anyone would question they would say they picked their animal out of a hat and it was totally random, in one way it kind of was. They were so incredibly lucky and incredibly talented to have the ability to turn into animals and none of them had worked out how McGonagall had not worked out what they were doing considering she was a literal animagi and were literally silent and if anyone knew anything at all about Sirius and James it was that they were not silent ever. Not in the slightest honestly, if they did not have Remus they would have been caught in the first week and they were ever so grateful for that. 

However the marauders were not the smartest of their year, so much so that they did not realise that they had the same idea as no other than Regulus Black, the same year they had decided to become animagi, is the same year that Regulus had to decided to take on the task, one to show how smart he actually was, Two was because it is a lot easier to escape an abusive household if you are a black cat rather than in his human form. The main reason for his decision was not really inspired by any of that, It was inspired by the fact Regulus had a plan, a plan to take down the dark lord and if this was to happen he would have to face the dangers of the waters and Regulus Black could not swim, neither could his brother for that matter that was why he decided if he got dragged down and faced with drowning he would turn into a cat and then escape as he was no longer human, this meant he could prove to his brother and to andy once and for all that he was not on the dark evil side but the side of light. 

So that night he set out the plan to give hint so he did, in fact, turn up to the marauder's party as no other than a Black cat. 

XXX

  "Okay, so when on earth were you going to tell us that you were like mega close with the Slytherins?" Sirius questions whilst slipping next to James in the common room 

"What do you mean?" James asks lifting his head from his textbook

"Oh come on Prongs, the secret whispering, the Bart and the Ev and Oh gosh do not get me started on the whole studying thing you have going on. What have they done to my precious Prongs?" Sirius complained 

"Absolutely nothing, well other than call me a pinky pie. I have just made more friends Pads. What you jealous?" James asks whilst smirking 

"NO, I just- My brother?" Sirius asks 

James just freezes in his spot like a deer being spotted in the headlights. 

" I owe you absolutely no explanations Pads. Especially after you and Mooney have suddenly stopped talking once more with literally no explanation and to think I thought you two liked each other, God it is like the prank all over again just reversed, I never thought I would have to spilt myself in half again but here I am splitting myself in bloody half. You just better sort your shit out before the full moon because whatever happened can not be more important than being there for him during the hardest time in his life" James rambles 

"First off you have no idea what happened that night and he deserves everything he is getting right now-" Sirius starts 

"And no one is giving me a dam explanation!" James yells 

James honestly hates confrontation, he always had ever since he was a little boy, he had no idea whether it was because he never really heard arguments as a kid so it scared him to hear yelling or it was just that he hated conflict especially when it involved the ones closest to him that is why ever since the party and Sirius and Remus had been avoiding each other like the plague, more Sirius than Remus, Sirius seemed to really struggle to even look Remus in the eyes.