chapter 15

The day Sirius left, Regulus was left broken. The day Sirius left, Regulus died and ever since he has been a fraction of what he had been before. The once happy, smiley cheeky boy was gone and replaced with a shell of a man. This person was too afraid to stand up for anything, knock over a lamp and it was all over for him. One tiny bang or smash meant agony for hours but this was now Regulus' life, he knew this but that didn't mean he constantly craved the life he had before. Life with Sirius hadn't been perfect he was still punished, and had to take a crucio curse or two at him but there was no pressure to be this perfect little son, most mistakes were swept under the carpet because he wasn't the heir. He was just the extra piece, of course, this hurt in other ways he was always tossed aside and told how to have manners and how to be polite but besides that, he was no use for anything especially since he was born a woman, it was the ultimate death sentence within the Black family, do not step a foot out of line, be polite, marry some distant relative and reproduce.

This all changed when Sirius couldn't take any more in the house and left little fragile Regulus alone to face his consequences. The day he left was awful for Regulus and he had learnt to hate his brother for it. He had endured torture after torture, curse after curse. The day Sirius left he was convinced he would rather die then and there then continue this life. He had wished for the killing curse to just finish him off but alas if they did that, they would have no heir so they just punished him enough to get the message through loud and clear. That was the day he learned to hate anything and anyone attached to the name Black because that was the day he lost his sun. One day he planned to find his sun again. XXX"He said what?!?!" Regulus shouts whilst looking at his distraught boyfriend "H-h-he" James tried to get out but just broke out in another round of sobsRegulus was furious at his older brother. So furious that he could not remember a time when he was this annoyed at his brother. Yes, Sirius had hurt him a lot in the past. always mentally never physically but this was James Potter they were talking about. He was rarely seen upset in fact the only time he had seen James upset was over Sirius. The love James had for him was so much that it caused a once skipping joking boy to turn into a crumble of tears and sweat and Regulus hated his brother for that. He wanted nothing more than to take all the pain from his boyfriend, just to hear that beautiful laugh or to see that infectious smile but there was nothing he could do because the damage had already been done and if there was one thing Regulus hated, it was not being able to help the ones he loved.

In all honesty, Regulus was a very mislabelled person, he always stuttered the halls with a scowl on his face. He always looked miserable and never entertained. He always seemed to be seen with his face in a book most likely studying. The black siblings could not be more different if they tried to the extent that he'd be questioned by multiple people if they actually were, of course, Regulus always confirmed they were but not everyone believed him. Regulus never blamed them though Sirius was the outspoken prankster and Regulus was the quiet nerd. This, in a way, was Sirius' fault because he got out and Regulus didn't.

"Please don't do anything love, h-he's just being Padfoot," James tells him. "No James he doesn't get to get away with this. Not this time. I am fed up with him being ruthless and never facing the fucking consequences. He needs a reality check. You cannot hurt someone and just walk around with a stupid smirk on your face especially when it is you. " Regulus defends "Please Reg. I will forgive him most likely. This will most likely blow over and everything will be fine." James tells his boyfriend "To hell is this just going away! I thought he would have learnt his lessons in terms of hurting his friends. Remember when he accidentally hurt Snape and Lupin was angry for months, I thought that would have been the kick up the arse to stop being an idiot but apparently not because he is still hurting his closest friends and if you even think you are going back to that dorm you are sorely mistaken love" Regulus fights back "But friends argue, friends make up. It's just part of life" James says whilst sniffling "You are such a Potter, I swear! He doesn't deserve you not now and not later. I would never do this to any of my friends. Especially my closest friends. Barty and Evan mean the literal world to me. I wouldn't even care if they joined the dark side because it isn't an argument. The lack of disrespect and trust from him right now is terrible You are James Potter. You are a literal ball of sunshine, anyone that makes you cry will certainly hear about it" Regulus argues back before turning on his heels to storm directly to his brother.