1. Change of Rules

Third Person

Mythical creatures exist everywhere around the world. Mortals such as gorgons, sirens, vampires, and werewolves have grown in population. Individuals like psychics and shapeshifters are quite rare to meet. What's even more rare than a psychic and a shapeshifter is a beast called a Hyde. A mutated, dangerous being that is able to kill someone in a matter of seconds. Hence, why hydes are banned to enter or join Nevermore Academy.

Nevermore Academy is a school for outcasts that welcomes all students with or without abilities. It has hundreds of extraordinary students who take classes that can help discover more about their abilities. Anyone is able to make a friend. Except, it's hard to be friends with someone that's completely different from one another.

Many years ago, there was a tragic incident where a Nevermore student had been killed by another peer. The person who passed away was a werewolf and the other was a Hyde. Because of what occurred in the past, principals of the school have made a rule where all students in Nevermore are separated individually. Sirens stay with their own kind, vampires as well, and so on. That is until Larissa Weems, the principal of Nevermore, decided to change that specific rule.

"Welcome students of Nevermore Academy! I am gratefully excited and overjoyed to see every one of you gathered here today. I hope you all had a fun and fantastic summer break. I know I did. Now, I have two announcements to make before all of you receive your schedules. I'd like everyone to be prepared for what I'm about to announce," Principal Weems paused before she went any further.

Weems and the Nevermore students were huddled together in the quad. They arrived at the academy for student orientation. Everyone paid attention to what their principal had to say until they were taken back by the last sentence Larissa had stated. All the outcasts were looking around and at each other, looking for answers. Neither of them didn't expect anything big until Weems opened her mouth to speak again.

"My first announcement is that all students of Nevermore are no longer being divided from each other. In fact, all of you are able to eat, join clubs, participate in events and activities, and go to class together. This leads to my second announcement. Regarding the dormitories, our dorm moms and dads have assigned most of you to a different room. Those who had a dorm to themselves will no longer be alone as more students are joining us and need a room to settle in. To know whether you have changed rooms, it'll be displayed on your schedule with your new room number. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any of the teachers for help. Thank you for your attention, and I'll see you all soon."

Principal Weems pointed the microphone down and stepped away to answer questions or aid any students in need of help. After the announcements were dropped like bombs, everybody seemed either shocked, thrown off, or simply didn't care. No one didn't mind each other whenever they had the chance to get to know one another outside of the academy. They weren't scared that an incident decades ago would ever happen again during the present time. As a matter of fact, almost all of the students were okay with the idea of getting together as one big group of outcasts. Except for Wednesday Addams.

She hates everyone, not including her family. Wednesday actually enjoyed Nevermore because she had a dorm to herself with nobody to share it. She was also the only one with psychic powers along with other students who had rare powers or abilities that were combined together in classes, including a few normies. Not a single soul would bother Wednesday because of the lack of emotions and how frightful the psychic can be. There is one person that tolerates the emotionless woman, and that person is Tyler Galpin, a normie.

One thing that people can't seem to comprehend is the reality that Tyler and Wednesday are dating. They met each other from a class they had together. Galpin found the girl to be interesting and wanted to get to know her more. Wednesday hardly wanted the boy to even be near her. She threatened and used him as a way to get rid of Tyler, but he thought of it as love signals. Eventually, the normie took her out on a date and Wednesday gave in to his ways.