14. Birthday Gone Wrong

A/n: Angst angst angst! Beware 😏

Wednesday Addams

Nothing will solve the multiple problems that are being carried on my shoulders. Perhaps throwing myself off a cliff will aid me. Yet, that can cause grief to those who have some sort of relationship with me. I'm internally distraught because today is not the day my birthday should be celebrated. My birthday would be better off nonexistent.

I woke up slightly early on my special day because the vibrations of my phone woke me up. My mother was facetiming me at seven in the morning. I took my phone with me outside of my room. There, I answered my mother's call and the camera showed mine and her face.

"Happy birthday sweetheart!"

"Hello, mother. I didn't expect you to call me at this time," I bluntly pointed out.

"Well, I had to. Your father and I will be busy during the day, so right now is the perfect time to call you. Oh! Speaking of him, here he is," my mother passed the phone to my father.

"My fearless little ghoul! Happy birthday!" My other parent showed his face through the camera.

"Your excitement is giving me a headache already," I firmly indicated.

"My apologies. Now, your mother and I bought you a gift. Thing hid it for the time being until he's ready to give it to you. We hope you'll like it," my father grinned like a fool.

"I will contact you if I don't."

"Great! Your mother and I will leave you alone. Enjoy yourself," my father waved bye to the camera.

"Goodbye Wednesday. We love you," my mother blew a kiss before I ended the call.

After I exited Facetime, I clicked on the speech bubble app. There, I tapped Unknown's message to reread what he had sent me the same day Parent's Day happened.

Unknown: Your task is to break Enid's heart on your birthday by no longer being friends. Fail to do so and you tell her about me, she dies in an unexpected way. I'll be watching and waiting until the deed is done.

"Your time is running out Wednesday. Make Enid hurt emotionally, and she will live thanks to you."

Tyler. The boy who loved me threaten to take Enid's life away. He's Unknown. He is responsible for tormenting my friends and I. Tyler is a Hyde who is capable of hurting Enid while I'm not looking out for her. His mission for me is cruel. Something that's impossible to do. There's nothing I can do to prevent it from happening. I prefer Enid to be safe more than anything. Therefore, it needs to be done.

"Wednesday?" I rapidly turned my entire body to see Enid standing sleepily, rubbing her eyes in front of me.

"Enid. You're awake," I turned off my phone so Enid wouldn't see the screen.

"Yup. I heard you leave thinking you were heading to class. I checked the time to see if I was running late or something. What're you doing out in the hallway?" Enid leaned against the doorframe.

"My parents called to tell me happy birthday and that there is a present from them that Thing is planning to give me sometime soon."

"Oh. I thought something bad might've happened. Anyways, happy birthday roomie! I can't wait to hand you my gift later on and see your reaction," my roommate smiled wide.

"When are you planning to give me my gift?" I inquired.

"I can't tell you, silly. It'll be like a surprise when I give it to you."