15. Uncle Fester

Wednesday Addams

The past couple of days have been nothing but torture. Especially when I'm there with Enid in our dorm. It's been very silent which I find irritable than Enid chatting her head off. I presume I've grown used to her more than I anticipated. I predicted that my feelings for the werewolf would gradually vanish. Actually, it has developed more, making me miss what we had.

Enid had stopped bringing me lunch and didn't accompany me whenever I played my cello. We no longer walk together to class or attend Eugene's club to take care of his bees. I didn't bother to go to my roommate's club. I isolated myself in the room while Enid hung out with Yoko after classes were over. Our friends wondered why we were so distant all of a sudden. Neither I nor the lycanthrope did not tell the group what had happened behind closed doors.

The both of us tried continuing on with our lives, however it was challenging. I couldn't concentrate when it came to my writing time. My mind would run to Enid which is unavoidable. Even when I'm trying to sleep, all I could think about was the blonde's face when I told her I hated her. Whenever Enid and I are in the room, sometimes I would hear her sniffling or sobbing. It brought guilt rather than satisfaction. We wouldn't exchange looks whenever we pass one another in the hallways or quad.

This cruelty is driving me to the brim of insanity. I'll go rogue if I do nothing but mope internally all day long. Tyler and his master won't be taken down anytime soon if I'm feeling defeated and lost. I need to stop sulking and find a way to get rid of them before it's too late. There has to be somebody else besides Thing who will aid me.

Someone texted you. It's another unknown number, Thing tapped and signaled.

I halted myself from typing my novel when I picked up my phone from the corner of my desk. I clicked the power button and saw the message. I went to the app and noticed that it was in fact a different Unknown. I clicked the profile to get a glimpse of the text.

Unknown: Hey kiddo! Guess who's outside the gates of Nevermore?

Who could that be? My assistant wondered.

"We're about to find out. Whoever texted me during my writing time will no longer see tomorrow," I rose to my feet, pushing the chair back and grabbed Thing.

I walked out fast from the room and down to the hall. I made my way at the end of the flight of stairs and out to the quad. From there, I snuck outside where the drop off area is and finally approached the gates of Nevermore. I exited through the open entrance and scanned around to find the perpetrator who messaged me. There was nobody in sight.

I was close to heading back in my room when loud footsteps were coming closer to me. I quickly reached into my boot and pulled out the blade Enid had bought me for my birthday. I threw it precisely at the mysterious individual until they stuck out their hand and zapped it with lightning. That's when my weapon fell straight to the dirt with the handle sticking up. A small grin grew on my face when I knew who the person was.

"Your aim has improved kiddo. It's nice to see you again," my Uncle Fester raised his head to reveal his smiley face.

"Uncle Fester! What are you doing here?" I stepped forward to grab my dagger and shove it back into my shoe.

"I heard from your father that you attend Nevermore. I wanted to drop by and visit my niece. Oh. And you too, Thing. How's my favorite servant doing?"

Much better now that you're here. I learned how to cause many mayhems from reading your book. The hand gestured.

"I knew writing step by step tutorials would help," my uncle felt proud of himself.

"How did you get my phone number, and where did you receive the device from?" I questioned him.