Chapter 3 - The Forgotten Destroyer

USS Ward was a Wickes class destroyer

USS Ward was a Wickes class destroyer. On the day of infamy, she was the first one to fire her guns on the Japanese aircraft that attacked Pearl Harbor. December 7, 1944 three years after the attack on Pearl Harbor. She was attacked by three kamikaze aircraft. One of them hitting her amidship thus putting her to stop. Unable to get the fire under control. Her crew ordered abandon ship. She was later ordered to be sunk by another destroyer from another class. Her wreckage was later found off the coast of Ormoc, Leyte.

In the altered second world war timeline. She wasn't revived like her comrades. As soon as she gained her human form. One thing begins to enter her mind. The same thing that entered Enterprise's mind. Seek revenge on humanity for her non inclusion in the fight against the Sirens. She looks at her riggings and noticed that they are far different from what was once her original ship form. Ward decides to test fire one of her eight inch guns. She carefully aims it at the underwater mountains surrounding the abyss. Seeing a giant rock on one of the mountains. Ward sets her sights on it and open fires on the giant rock using partial strength.

Boom!!!!!

The rock immediately shatters into pieces. And starts falling down the mountain. Ward begins to laugh evilly as she focuses her guns on another mountain. This time she aims for its slope. Once again she open fires and hits the mountain as if it was another ship. Ward laughs evilly again for what she has done. However it's also at this time that Enterprise now known as Queen Oni is having her usual afternoon slumber. The sounds of Ward's guns interrupt her slumber thus waking her up in an angry fashion. She quickly gets out of her room and goes to the mezzanine floor of her castle. She then proceeds to the veranda and yelled angrily at her minions on the castle grounds.

Queen Oni: Who dared firing her guns and disturb my slumber?!!!! Answer me!!!!!

Since non of the reborn ship girls can't speak. They all look around to see who the culprit was. They only moaned in unison as none of them would admit who actually fired their guns on the mountains. Furious about the non response of her minions. Queen Oni once again yelled at them and gave a frightening threat.

Queen Oni: If none of you will admit it!!!! I shall annihilate each of you until one of you admits your fault!!!!

The pale colored ship girls tremble in fear to what Queen Oni said. They soon try to learn how to speak so that they can answer Queen Oni's question. Just as they are to speak, Ward emerges from the crowd to answer Queen Oni's question.

Ward: It was me Miss Enterprise!

Queen Oni: How dare you call me by that name?!!!!

Ward: Isn't that your name? Your appearance may have changed. But I know that you're the aircraft carrier that was part of the task force to hunt down the Japanese.

Queen Oni: The ship girl you are talking about is dead! I am Queen Oni! I'm queen of the abyss! And you along with these ship girls are my minions! You are all abyssals! If you don't address me by that name I will personally kill you right now! State your name you insolent fool!

Ward: My name is USS Ward. I was part of a fleet that fought the Japanese in the battle of Ormoc. I was attacked by kamikaze pilots and sunk by one of our own because I was no longer useful.

Queen Oni: Tell me your purpose of becoming part of my fleet.

Ward: To seek revenge on humanity for not including me in the fight against the Sirens. I served and fought for them in our original timeline. And yet they forgot to include me in their war.

Queen Oni: So you also have a personal vendetta against humanity. It seems that you and I are on the same page.

Ward: What do you mean Miss Enterprise, I mean Queen Oni?

Queen Oni: When I was Enterprise. Humanity betrayed me by ordering my former sister Yorktown and my so called friends to have me executed.

Ward: Executed? On what grounds?

Queen Oni: Yes I was executed. All because of their suspicion that I will use the power I got from the Sirens against them.

Ward: I see..... Then I will say this to you sincerely milady. I the former destroyer USS Ward. Do here by swear my loyalty to you only and your quest for revenge against humanity.

Queen Oni: I will forgive you for your insolence. But you must change your name. The name USS Ward will only remind you of humanity's insolence. And their betrayal on me.

Ward: Then what shall be my appropriate name Queen Oni?

Queen Oni: From now on you shall call yourself Destroyer Princess.

Ward: Destroyer Princess huh? Hahahahahahaha hahahahahaha!!!! An appropriate name for me no doubt

Queen Oni: Come in to my castle Destroyer Princess. I shall tell you about my plans to conduct a surprise attack on those filthy humans.

Destroyer Princess: Yes my queen.

Destroyer Princess leaves the castle grounds and heads straight to the castle. Two abyssals open the door for her as Queen Oni goes back to her room and change her clothes. As soon as she enters, three other abyssals escort her to the throne room. Lady Death who is watching her from the second floor puts an evil smile on her face as Destroyer Princess walks past by her. In her head she can already see Queen Oni's success in conquering the world. And she can also see more lost souls that will fight with those who are in the depths of hell.