Chapter 13-Real Training

Edwin walked the halls of his school, looking for someone who looked like Daniel did. He sat at lunch, picking at his food, when Amanda came over and sat next to him. "Are you ok? You look upset about something." He started to respond when a hand clapped onto his shoulder. Without a thought, he seized saidin and stood, wanting to be ready for anything. There stood Daniel under his disguise. His mouth dropped open, and the older man simply grinned. "Edwin? Who's this?" Amanda said from behind him. He felt goosebumps rise, and knew she had embraced saidar. He quickly wove a shield, sliding it into place between Daniel and the Source. He saw his teacher's mouth drop open. "Don't panic. What I did will wear off once I let go of saidin. This is just a precaution. The goosebumps you just felt? Those are from Amanda. She can do what we do, but with the other half." He saw the words sink in, and watched Daniel's eyes flick towards Amanda. He dropped his shield, but wove another just in case. "We need to talk." Daniel said, before walking away.
---------
Edwin walked out of his 10 period class, and found Amanda talking to Daniel by the main doors. He quickly made his way over, pushing through the huge throng of people between them. He smiled at Amanda, before turning to his teacher. "What's this all about? What's so important that you changed plans and came to me instead?" The words came rushing out quickly, but he knew something was bothering Daniel. "Wait a second. Follow me alright?" He lead them from the school to a small apartment nearby. Once they were inside, Edwin felt his teacher seize saidin, and watched as he spun Air with a small amount of Spirit together, placing it around them. "There. No one should be able to hear us now." He strode over to a small fridge, motioning for Amanda and Edwin to sit. They sat together on a small couch opposite Daniel. As he waited for his teacher to finish, Edwin glanced around the small room he sat in. A fridge and kitchen sat in one corner, a small table with a few mismatched chairs nearby. The couch he and Amanda shared dominated the living room, sitting opposite a TV. A balcony was just to the left of the where the TV sat, and a single fold up chair sat outside. Daniel came back over, his disguise gone, and popped the tab on a can of Coke. He walked over to the windowed balcony, looking out.

"What's this all about? I'm glad to know you can channel but what the hell do you need Edwin for?" Amanda sounded confused, and put a hand on his leg, nearly causing Edwin to jump. "It's a long story. I'm not really sure where to start." He turned, looking at Edwin. "Remember that group I told you about? The one that captured me when we first met?" Edwin nodded, unsure of where this was going. "Well they're hunting down people who can do what we do. I don't know what they gave me, but it tasted like shit and knocked me out. When I came to I couldn't use saidin at all. I could see it, but I could use it. I only got out because they stopped paying attention to whether or not I actually drank the stuff. I skipped a few doses--" Daniel cut off as an explosion sounded and the room filled with smoke. Edwin could hear voices shouting, but it didn't make sense. He seized saidin, weaving Air to clear the room and trap everyone. Amanda and Daniel sliced through the weave, coming to stand next to him. Plastered to the wall held in bonds of Air stood a half-dozen armed and armored men. "Are these the guys you were talking about?" He asked Daniel.