Chapter 8- Training

"Where are you kid?"

A few days had passed, and in that time Edwin had actually managed to figure out how to get into that world, which he realized was The World of Dreams, Tel'aran'rhiod. They had had only a few more meetings since their first, and it was time to take the final step.

"I'm in Philadelphia. If you can get here I can find you from there." He was fairly confident he could anyway. He had wandered around plenty, and he had yet to come across someone else with the spark. That was how Edwin was planning on finding him.

"Sounds good. I'll see you tomorrow." With that, Daniel disappeared once more, and Edwin turned from the World of Dreams, looking for sleep.

He woke up the next morning, wanting to get through school as quickly as possible so he could start looking for Daniel.

-----

"Hey! Edwin!"

He turned, confused. He didn't recognize the voice from his handful of friends.

"Amanda? Hi."

"Hey. How are you feeling? I know it's been a little while since you got out, but I haven't had a chance to ask before now."

"Oh I'm good. Headaches every once in a while, dizzy spells, nothing too crazy." Even as he said that, he got a splitting headache.

His skin crawled, and then he felt a strange warmth fill his body. His headache disappeared, and he felt better than he had since he got out of the hospital.

"How did-"

She winked, and walked away. Holy shit! She can channel too?!?

He didn't see Amanda the rest of the day, but he was determined to ask her about it the next time he saw her.

-----

School was pretty uneventful after that, and as soon as he got out, he started looking for Daniel. The faster I find him the better...What if I just ask him where he is tonight?

He circled around, heading back home, trying to figure out how to find Daniel.

Night fell, and he went to bed quickly, rushing to get into Tel'aran'rhiod to talk to Daniel. He went to their usual meeting place, and found him standing with his back turned.

"Daniel! I need to talk to you. Where are you? It would be alot easier for me to find you if I know where to look." Daniel turned, a grin on his face.

"I won't tell you. You want training remember? Well, we're gonna start here. Find me. I'm in your city somewhere. I won't leave, and I won't move."

"How the hell is that fair?! Philly is huge! It would take me months to search everywhere!" Edwin was furious. Philly was huge! Hiw was he supposed to find Daniel in a city this big?!

"Be glad I won't move. If I moved around and actually tried to hide you'd never find me." And with that, Daniel disappeared, walking into the fog, leaving Edwin standing alone.