Nighttime Wonderings | Harry Potter

Y/n - Your name
L/n - Last name
H/c - Hair colour
E/c - Eye colour
Y/h - Your house
F/c - Favourite colour
F/b - Favourite book

Y/n POV:
I walked through the deserted halls, immersed by the beauty the school showed at night when it was deserted and no students ran through the corridors. Trying to muffle my footsteps, I crept along the hallway, letting my fingers travel over the detailed carvings on the stone walls. Somehow, I found myself before the stairs leading down to the Quidditch pitch.

Without further thinking, I decided, if I was sneaking out already, I might as well do it correctly then. I walked to the looming stands of the pitch, looking down the bleachers to see the familiar figure of Harry Potter sitting on a wooden bench, staring mesmerised at the stars. His hands were behind his head, linked. He looked so at peace, that I nearly forgot what he had been going through for all his life. Crazy how one man with a wooden stick could fuck up a life in less than 10 seconds, fuck up so many lives. Slowly I pulled myself out of my thoughts, walking towards the silhouetted figure in the stands, my boots making a steady clunking noise as I walked. Withdrawing his hands from behind his head, he looked at me, a hand instinctively going towards his robe pocket for his wand.
"Y/n," he breathed, "What are you doing here?"
"I-I needed a bit of f-fresh air." I began to stutter, cursing myself for the butterflies I got from his deep tired voice.
"Oh, ok." He said, smiling cutely.
My stomach did a hundred backflips as he gestured to the space next to him. Getting more nervous by the second, I sat beside him, fiddling with my cold hands. A jacket. Why hadn't I brought a fricking jacket, it was January!!

Rubbing my numb arms, I watched the messy haired boy next to me out of the corner of my eye.
"So...what are you doing...here?" I asked, my voice a little shaky from how hard I was trying not to shiver and rub my arms faster.
"Just...thinking about...life."
Ahh life, what a fascinating choice.
"Mhm." I hummed, pressing my lips together, my teeth slightly beginning to clatter.
"Y/n, are you cold?" Harry asked turning towards me, his beautiful green eyes full of concern.
"A-a li-little." I grimaced, "Should've ta-taken a j-jacket,"
A little? Pathetic.
"Here," He said, pulling his jacket from his shoulders and wrapping in around me, his scent drifting up to me. I smiled gratefully.
"Thanks, but won't you be cold now?" I questioned, pulling the jacket tighter around my frame.
"I'll be okay, I have you." He said, slinging his arm around my shoulders.
I have you.
Butterflies erupted in the pit of my stomach and I had to make an effort as not to squeal.
Slowly it got hard to hold my eyes open any longer, so I shut them carefully, laying my head on Harry's shoulder. Drifting off to sleep, I heard him humming a melody.

I smiled to myself, how I loved this boy.

Harry POV:
I carefully picked up the girl next to me, watching as not to wake her as I carried her bridal style back into the castle. Her head lay on my chest, her arms had found their way around my neck and she was emitting barely audible and incredibly adorable snores.

I arrived before the portrait of the Fat Lady. She eyes the sleeping girl in my arms curiously, smirking.
"Password?" She inquired.
"Tapeworm." I said, ignoring her looks and walking into the common room up to my dorm and laying Y/n on the bed.

I watched the girl quietly, her beautiful H/c locks framed her gorgeous face, she was curled up, breathing peacefully. I smiled as I turned to my closet to pull out my pyjama and go change in the bathroom.

As I exited the bathroom, I realised, that Y/n's snores no longer filled the room quietly. It was silent. Uh oh. I looked around, spotting her at the window, surveying the still grounds bellow. I braced myself.
"Y/n?" I breathed, watching as she slowly turned, taking in my appearance.

Y/n POV:
I turned by the sound of my name. Harry stood in the middle of the dorm room, only a towel wrapped around his waist, leaving his toned chest exposed. His black hair was dripping, his glasses were fogged, though his emerald eyes still seemed to sparkle through them.
"Harry." I said, smiling shyly, cautiously walking towards him. He smiled back, stepping forwards too.
"Did I wake you?" He asked, his eyes full of guilt.
"No, no, you didn't." I assured him quickly.

There was now only a hand space between us.

He looked down at me, his perfect lips curving up into an adorable crooked smile. Our eyes met and we stared for a long time. E/c eyes getting lost in green ones. His eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips as her nervously pulled his fingers through his wet hair. Steadily, he leaned towards me, almost brushing my lips.

My breath hitched as I gazed, mesmerised into his eyes, feeling like I fell for his over and over again in the past minute. Gracefully, our lips connected in a soft but passionate kiss. I melted inside, leaning into him, slinging my arms around his neck and tangling my fingers in his voluminous hair. I smiled into the kiss as he rested one hand on my back and the other on my cheek, brushing back my hair every once in a while. Finally, we pulled apart, gasping for air. then, for a few seconds there was utter silence until, very suddenly, we started laughing. I giggled at his messy hair and the look of pure admiration on his handsome features and couldn't resist the urge to pull him in for another kiss.

I leaned my forehead against his, with one hand, stroking his cheek, the other on his neck as his arms pulled me, if possible, even closer by the waist.
"T-this is real, right?" His deep, angelic voice sounded.
"Yes, love, it is." I assured him.
"Really?"
"Really. I'll prove it to you." I said, pecking his lips affectionately and giggling again.
He laughed too, making my heart flutter.

A while later, Harry pulled on his pyjamas, borrowing me a hoodie and sweatpants, before spooning me from behind, hugging me tightly to his chest. I sighed contentedly, intertwining my fingers with his. Watching as he squeezed my hand. He kissed the back of my neck and whispered:
"Goodnight, love."
"G'night." I answered, slowly drifting off to sleep in the arms of my newly found love.

So this was the first one shot, I hope you liked it!! I'm sorry if there are any mistakes, thank you so much for reading this, it means a lot!! Do you have any suggestions? Any requests? Feel free to ask, I am always looking for inspiration!! Stay safe and have a good day/night!!
- moony (j.)