One day... | Fred and George

Fred and George both like Y/n and they are both planning on telling her at the party in the room of requirements.

~•~

Y/n POV:
I scoffed, frustrated, I was currently struggling to find my purse while pulling on my black heels matching my short black dress, that I didn't hear anyone come in. One of my feet was on my desk chair, while I tried closing the clip, several hair pins in my mouth as I brushed my hair back over my shoulder impatiently.
Releasing a triumphant 'Aha!', I took my foot off the chair, continuing the battle against my wild hair, desperately attempting to pin it up in an elegant, loose bun. Taking the pins out of my mouth one by one, I managed to secure my hair, sighing in relief.
"That wasn't that hard." I muttered to myself, checking myself in the mirror.
I was just about to brush a strand back behind my ear again, when I saw two figures standing in my doorway. I stopped in mid-movement.
"George, Fred, what are you doing here?" I questioned, turning to face the two identical gingers. "This is the girls' lavatory."
"Oh just, uhh-,"
"-checking up on our favourite prankster."
"Huh, yeah right, what do you really want? I swear, if this one of your pranks I will-," I began my three to be interrupted by Fred.
"No, no, we come in peace, at least for this night." He raised his hands in surrender trying- but failing- to hide his grin.
I rolled my eyes, watching as he sat down on the bed, watching me. I let my gaze wonder to George, meeting his gorgeous caramel eyes. I smiled at him, walking over and turning around.
"Zip me up, will you?" I asked him, showing him the zipper I had been unable to reach.
He stared at me for a good five seconds before nodding, his cheeks pink as he dragged the zipper up, careful not to hurt me. As his hand brushed my skin, it send goosebumps all over my body and butterflies erupted in my stomach. I turned again, shooting him a dazzling smile. Just when our eye contact was getting rather long, Fred cleared his throat, eyes intently watching us. I flushed, smoothing non-existent creases on my dress, now avoiding eye contact with both Weasleys.
"Should we...go?" I asked after about thirty seconds of awkward silence.
"Uhh yeah, let's go." George said, flustered.
I grabbed my small black handbag and headed out the door, both twins following close behind.

The party was crowded, there was loud music blasting and many drunk teens dancing on the dance floor. As not to loose the two boys, I grabbed their hands, leading them to one of the large couches and flopping down on one, immediately joining in to a conversation Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Luna were having.

Third Person POV:
The two identical boys and the H/c girl snaked their way through the dancers, making themselves comfortable on couches with their friends. As Y/n talked animatedly with Ginny and Harry about Quidditch, she was completely oblivious to many people, including the her two best friends (Fred and George) staring at her. Admittedly, she really did look exceedingly attractive in her short dress, pinned-up hair and small black heels, with nothing else but a little make-up and and small pieces of silver jewellery.

Fred POV:
I couldn't help but stare, she was absolutely stunning and everyone saw and knew. I noticed George staring as well, his eyes following her every move as she gestured while she talked with Harry and Ginny. As I let my gaze sweep the room, I saw many boys and several girls eying Y/n seductively. Almost instantly my protective feelings and maybe a little bit of jealousy kicked in and I had to concentrate as not to do anything stupid.
"Earth to Freddie?"
I tore my eyes away from the teens, looking into Y/n's beautiful E/c eyes.
"Oh- uhh, what?"
"I was just telling Harry and Ginny about the time where we pranked Filch with the slime bombs, which left him scrubbing the whole fourth floor for at least a week. Mind you," She added turning back to the younger students, "He and his office smelled awfully like the blocked drain on the second floor after that."

For about another fifteen minutes I just sat and listened to the talk, mostly staring at Y/n as if expecting her to turn to me suddenly and kiss me, confessing her love to me.
But no such thing happened, she only got up after a while, going to get a drink and then go dance.
"Anyone want one?" She asked and I made eye contact with her, blushing like crazy.
"Yeah, I'd take one, but I can come if you want me to." I said, halfway out of my chair.
"No, no, I'll go get them real quick. Anyone else?"
All declined and so I watched her make her way through the crowd and to the drink stand.

Y/n POV:
I was just filling two cups when a guy I had seen a few times in the halls before, came up to me.
"Hey." He said, eying me.
"Oh uhh, hi." I said, still focused on pouring the drinks.
"You're Y/n L/n, right?"
"Depends on who's asking." I smiled at myself, looking up at him again.
"Oh, yeah, right. I'm Rodger Davies, captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team and head boy."
"Good for you," I said, picking up the two cups.
"Do you wanna, you know, get out of here?"
"Not really, no."
"Oh c'mon, it's so crowded here."
"Then leave, nothings stopping you."
"No, I- look."
He grabbed my arm, staring to pull me towards the exit.
"Hey, hey, hey, no stop." I start saying, but he just keeps pulling. "Rodger, please let go."
"C'mon, L/n, just a little-,"
"Hey, she said no, dipshit. Let go."
I turned to look for my saviours over my shoulder, spotting Fred and George death glaring Davies.
"Hey, hey, okay, we were just going for a little fresh air, right Y/n? Nothing to worry about."
"Let go of me, asshole." I said through gritted teeth before smashing my elbow into his stomach.
He let go of my arm, clutching his stomach as I hurried over to my favourite Weasley's. They send him one last death glare before turning, taking me by both hands and taking out of the party.

As soon as we were in the hallway, I exhaled. I hadn't even noticed I had been holding my breath until that moment.
"You okay, Y/n/n?" George ask, slinging his arm around my shoulder, giving me a loving squeeze.
"Mhm." I hummed leaning into him as we walked through the halls to the Gryffindor common room. I looked over at Fred, his expression was stony and he was clenching and unicorn hung his fists as he walked.
"Fed, what-,"
"I'm gonna kill Davies." He grumbled, putting his arm around my waist protectively.
"Fred, no." I said, pulling his sleeve as we walked through the portrait hole and into their dorm room.

I sat down at the end of George's bed, watching the two identical red-heads pace through the room.
"Calm down boys, I'm fine."
They gave me the same look, both flopping down on the bed next to me.
I pulled the pins out of my hair.
"So much to partying through the night, huh?." I yawned, scooting up to rest my head on the pillows, breathing in the scent of George's cologne, making my heart flutter.
"Here." A voice said and moments later I was thrown a pair of sweatpants and Fred's knitted sweated.
"Thanks." I muttered going into the bathroom and changing.

When I was done changing I walked back into the room to find both Fred and George's beds pushed together, making one big one.
"What's this?" I asked, stopping in front of it.
"Our bed, c'mon, we don't bite." George said, lying down and opening his arms for me. I stared for a moment, then shrugged and crawled onto the bed. To my right, there was George, his long arms slung around my lower waist, to my left, Fred, hugging my torso close to him so my back was against George and my chest touching Fred's.

Steadily, my breathing began to slow and I found myself almost drifting off to sleep.
The last words I heard before I was engulfed in sleep were:
"Do you think she knows we love her?"
"I don't know, but one day she will and then, we'll see, maybe then she'll like us back."
But maybe it was just my sleepy brain giving me false hope.

———

Word count: 1477