Hours of Work | Remus Lupin

more of a dad/father-figure remus

The stack of books hit the floor with a crash, taking a stack of papers with it. My laptop was slammed shut and the shutters on my window in Grimmauld Place creaked in protest. I sunk onto the bed next to my desk, head in my hands as the tears flowed freely down my face.

The hours of writing I had spent were all for nothing, as the feeble excuse for a muggle typing device had failed to save any of my work. I swore under my breath, not even trying to keep my sobs unheard. And soon enough, there was the unmistakable sound of footsteps, trudging up the rickety staircase and along the narrow hallway to my room.

A moment of silence before there was a tentative knock. Another few seconds and the door slowly cracked open, hinges stuttering and groaning as the scarred figure of none other than Remus Lupin loomed in the doorway. Clad in his signature lumpy, knitted sweater and a pair of worn, brown dress pants he surged forward. He sunk to his knees before me, engulfing me in a chocolate aromatised hug and, burying my face in the soft fabric of his sweater, I let out a frustrated sob before launching into a very tearful explanation of what had happened.

About twenty minutes of acknowledged frustration and very long, comforting hugs, Remus had recovered the hours of writing with a retrieving spell and led me down to the kitchen where steaming mugs of hot chocolate awaited us.

I let out a laugh at the simplicity of the gesture, giving his arm a squeeze as we carried the mugs to the living room, delighting in the steaming liquid and a small pile of books.

i'm sorry for the rushed chapter and for being absent for so long.

this was actually requested, but i can't find who the request came from anymore since wattpad turned off direct messaging. feel free to re-inform me if the request and comment your thoughts on this chapter.

anyways, i hope you still enjoyed this story in all its briefness.

stay safe, loves<33
~ j.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 19 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें