one

THERE WAS once a time where magui and joão were inseparable. the pair were childhood best friends. they spent time with each other day and night, bonding over the most random things. although he was interested in pursuing professional football and she was interested in becoming the world's next jk rowling, there was something about the pair that simply clicked.

joão was the first one to read all her brilliant works of literature. the first to see her potential. whereas magui was the one who encouraged him to push harder and harder to reach his dream. she always supported his football career, being the first person at his games and practices.

back then, there was never a dull moment with magui and joão. one simply couldn't pull them away from each other. unfortunately, this isn't the case today.

     magui was 24 while joão was 23. the two rightfully achieved their goals, the goals that they pushed each other to achieve. that is, without each other in their lives.

however, the estranged pair are bound to reconcile, as both of them were invited to the same new year's eve party.

currently, joão was on the way to his girlfriend's, magui corceiro, house. having just finished his time in qatar after a devastating loss, he was eager to spend time with his friends and family.

      on the other hand, magui pereira had just finished publishing her second novel. her best one yet, loosely based on the events of her life. to release herself from the stress, magui was determined to find something to do. as such, she asked her friends.

luckily, one of her closest friends, emma, was currently in portugal. emma, urging her to visit, begged and pleaded for her to book a plane to lisbon. magui hesitantly agreed.

on the plane, magui felt a mixture of emotions. on one hand, she was ecstatic to catch up with her friends and to visit her country once again. on the other hand, she was dreading to come to contact with her ex-best friend, joão, and his girlfriend, the catalyst for the destruction of their friendship. magui promised herself that she would avoid the two at all costs, embarrassed to come to terms with her mistakes.

      with emma tagging her along to a new year's eve party, that promise was about to be broken.

—•
HANNAH SPEAKS!
hoped u like this chapter :) how are u liking the book so far?