six

MAGUI looked at her ex-boyfriend's instagram comment with disbelief. it's not like she wants him back, but the unexpected compliment gave her mixed feelings. knowing her feelings for joão were wrong, she wanted to leave them in the back of her mind, to pretend as if they aren't there. however, she definitely was not going to use harry to get rid of those said feelings.

thus, she decided to reply vaguely to his comment. not showing any signs of affection. she made sure that her feelings for harry were strictly platonic. but, as men never get the hint, magui's intentions were not fulfilled. harry texted her after her unfazed reply.

as magui and harry have not communicated since the beginning of 2022, his contact name was still the same. once again giving magui mixed feelings.

IMESSAGE!

hotter than harry styles💓💓:
magui i miss u.
i know we haven't spoken
in a while but after we broke
up, i felt empty without u.

magui:
it's been a year harry
why now?
i'm sorry i don't feel
the same way

hotter than harry styles💓💓:
can u at least try?
idc if u don't feel the same way
just please be with me again
i need u

magui:
i can't use u like that
can we just be friends
if u miss me that much

hotter than harry styles💓💓:
sure

    joão, on the other hand, was losing his mind trying to contact his girlfriend. they haven't spoken since the incident at the party. it had now been weeks since. joão admittedly knew what she was doing. having a history of cheating, it was nothing new to joão. at this point, it became a routine. every time the two got into a fight, magui would not speak to joão for a week and go to clubs with her friends.

joão knew he could do better. but he was so deeply in love with his girlfriend that he chooses to stay. he truly believes there is no one better. this is because he assumes that the girl he originally wanted did not like him back.

with his girlfriend ignoring him, joão was left alone. so, instead of hanging out with his girlfriend, he hung out with his best friend.

seeing as they have not properly hung out in a while, two years to be exact, the pair wanted to have a day to strictly catch up. therefore, they made plans to explore lisbon together.

early in the morning, joão picked magui up from emma's apartment . due to emma's disapproval of their situation, he made sure not to wake emma up. as such, instead of ringing the doorbell, he texted magui that he was right in front of emma's apartment complex.

      when magui finally came out, she was wearing a blue floral maxi dress. she looked undeniably beautiful. joão was absolutely mesmerized, his childhood feelings for magui were peering at the back of his mind. but, joão quickly brushed it off, reminding himself that he was still taken.

"hey joão," magui said, opening the door of his car.

"hey.... you look pretty today. i like your dress," joão hesitantly stated.

"you're so sweet, thank you. these days everyone's been complimenting my dresses," magui jokingly replied.

"like who?"

        "harry. he just texted me last night."

       joão froze. harry thames. magui's ex-boyfriend. when harry and magui first started dating back in the beginning of 2018, it broke joão's heart completely. he made plans to tell her on her 20th birthday what he felt, but those plans evidently backfired.

          his envious feelings caused joão to grit his teeth and tighten his grip on the steering wheel. he quickly brushed off his feelings once again and started the car.

their first stop was a trendy cafe called Bon Temps. joão and magui were both so excited for their catch up day that they put off breakfast to get ready. as such, they ordered and devoured their respective meals before carrying on with their day.

after eating, magui and joão decided to walk to the nearest bookshop in hopes that magui's newest novel was in stock. much to their liking, it was.

        wanting to support magui, joão decided that he was going to buy her novel. supporting her brilliant works of literature, just like old times.

INSTAGRAM!

Liked by harrythames, emmacarididi and 400, 567 othersmaguipereira: joão says to read my book!🏷️: joaofelix79

maguipereira: joão says to read my book!
🏷️: joaofelix79

user1: why do i kinda ship
>user2: he has a gf
>user3: isn't this her? her name is magui

emmacarididi: y'all left the house already😟

joãofelix79: Happy to support you again❤️

user4: are y'all on a date??

user5: isn't it 9 in the morning there help meeee
—•
HANNAH SPEAKS!
finals week is here😭😭😭😭