Chapter 27 - Ash's Back

A/N: This chapter includes pretty intense vomiting so if that's triggering I really wouldn't read this chapter. I also reference domestic abuse so again, if this triggers you, do not read. I think this chapter is just really triggering. Character A is emotional over said domestic abuse and is slightly self-loathing so if that triggers you, DO NOT READ.

I wake up at around midnight to a throbbing headache. Ever since that weird anxiety attack, I'd been out of whack. What was LSP doing? Did she really like me? And if she did, why was she being such a dick?

Marceline (12:34am): Meet me at the old parking lot in an hour and you can explain whatever the fuck you did the other day.

LSP (12:35am): fine

I slip out of my bed, careful not to wake Bonnie, and slide into my black skinny jeans and a hoodie. Let's hope this is quick.

Where the hell is she? I get bored and lean against one of the broken down walls. The old parking lot was one of our favourite places to hang out when we were little. I smile at the thought before being disturbed by a voice, "Uh, Marceline?" I turn around to see LSP, her hands in her pockets. She was avoiding my sight. 

"You have five minutes to explain. Go." "Wait, no, Marce-" "I wouldn't waste your time if I were you," I look down at my watch, "You got 4:37 seconds." LSP clears her throat before speaking, "When you met Princess I thought it was, like, awesome, because then you'd stay away from Ash ad you were safe," I cringe at the mention is his name. I nod, letting her continue, "And it was great, but then while you guys were dating I started to realise that I liked you. Like, more than I should." She clears her throat again, "So when you guys broke up I was, like, happy, I guess, and then you just forgive her and get back together and I just couldn't take it anymore. It was better for me to just stay away I just. Like, I really don't know Marceline."

She bites her lip and you crumble inside because one of your bestfriends had to keep something from you and it was killing them. "God, I, I don't know what to say LSP. I'm sorry that the feelings aren't mutual, but can't we just, y'know, be friends? Go back to how it used to be? I think I'd, uh, like that." I say, staring down at my shoes. I look up to see LSP smiling slightly. "Okay. But what about the othe guys?" I laugh a little, "Well, you're gonna have to do a lot of apologising." I push myself off of the wall and stand up straight, checking my watch. It was 1:40am. "I better, uh, get going. I'll see you on Monday, though?" She nods and I smile slightly, walking away and towards my house.

I slowly open my bedroom door to see that Bonnie is still fast asleep. I strip down to a vest and my underwear and slide back into the bed. Bonnie automatically wraps her arms around me and I smile. Maybe things are going to be okay.

"Okay, guys, I know you're all a little weird and angry with the whole LSP thing, but everyone makes mistakes, I guess. I mean, I know I'm not perfect, so I think we should try to just be normal with her again." I say to the group of friends sitting across from Bonnie and I. "I dunno Marce, I mean, you guys fought-" Jake starts but I cut him off, "Dude, just forget all that. It's fine, in the past 'n' stuff." "Well, if you're sure." Jake says. I nod and Bonnie nudges me, "There she is." Bonnie says, subtly pointing behind me. I turn around to see LSP looking a little lost. "Hey, LSP! Over here!" I call and she smiles slightly, however she looks a little panicked. I frown as she rushes over. "Uh, LSP-" "Ash's back." 

I go stiff in Bonnie's arms, and I can tell people are talking around me, but I just can't hear it. I can't hear anything but the thumping of my increasing heartbeat. I finally come out of my strange haze to find everyone staring at me and Bonnie shaking me a little, "Marcy? Are you okay? Marceline?" I look at her and I can't do anything. I can't smile, I can't shrug it off. I want to cry but I can't.

Maybe things can't be okay after all.

Everyone starts to interrogate me and I can't take it. I run away to the nearest bathroom and vomit up my newly eaten lunch. I hear footsteps in the bathroom, and then a voice. "Marcy? Are you in here?" My sob gives me away and Bonnie knocks on my stall door, "Marce, please let me help you." "I can't do this. Not again, Bonnie I can't I really can't." I feel my stomach turn and I curl over the toilet, heaving.

"Baby it's okay there's no one in here, we can talk." "I don't want to talk." "What happened to opening up?" I go quiet because I know she's right. "Who's Ash?" She asks. I bite my lip and close my eyes, "You're, uh, not the only one with a shitty abusive asshole ex-boyfriend." I say, biting my tongue so I don't let out another sob. I hear the bathroom door lock and Bonnie walk closer to the stall door, "Let me help." I don't reply and she speaks again, "Please." I stand up and open the stall door, almost immediately falling into Bonnie's arms. I'm shaking and I'm a mess and I hate myself so much right now. "I'm sorry, I hate you seeing me like this, God, I'm so sorry." Bonnie wraps her arms around me, holding me close to her and squeezing me in her arms, "I promise you you will get through this. I'll help you, I swear. I'll help. I'll do anything. It's okay, calm down. Focus on my breathing. Breathe in time with my breathing. Focus on my voice. Just calm down." Bonnie says, kissing the top of my head. I focus on her breathing and squeeze my eyes shut. We rock in time with her breathing and I seem to calm down within a few minutes. I look up at her and bite my lip, "Guess I'm not the tough one after all, eh?" Bonnie laughs and kisses my forehead and I go over to the sink to wash my face.

"Hey, uh, Marceline?" Bonnie says. I turn around to face her, drying my face with tissue, "What is it?" "If you need to, talk about it, you know you can, I mean, talk to me, right? If you need to, you'll come to me?" I nod my head and wrap my arms around her waist as she wraps hers around my neck. "Let's go home." I say. She nods and we leave the bathroom, hand in hand.