Chapter 11 - Sweet Dreams, Hopefully

"So, I was thinking, movie night tonight?" I say, coming up behind Bonnie and rubbing her sides. I feel her flinch and I move back, my arms dropping from her sides. "I-I can't. Not tonight. Maybe another time, though?" I sigh and sit down, rubbing my face, "Sure." "I, uh, have to go. Bye, Marceline." She says, exiting my house. It had been a week of non-stop awkward conversations. I had to find out what that dream was about. I grabbed my scrappy old notebook and my chewed up pencils and began writing a song because, well, I'm awful with words unless they were music related.

"Who is it?" PB asked, sounding tired. "Please let me in." I reply. I rest my forehead against the hate until it buzzes open. I run up the hill towards her house and climb up the fence to her bedroom porch. I sit outside of the porch door, close my eyes, and begin to play my bass, "Oh Princess, you're killing me. I don't know what I did, so could you please tell me? I want to make things right, I really do, but if you don't open up, I can't, help you. Oh Princess, you're hurting inside. And I don't know why, could you please just tell me why? Oh Princess, this really hurts. I want to help, but, what can I do? Oh just let me in, let me help you. All I want right now, is to, hold you. Do you trust me? Because I trust you. Oh Princess, what can I do?" I open my eyes to see a crying Bonnie on the other side of the porch door. I stand up and she opens it, falling into my arms. "I-I'm sorry, it's just. It's really complicated and I'd rather not talk about it right now. Can we just go to bed?" I nod and hold her hand as we walk to the bed. "When was the last time you slept, Bonnie?" I ask, staring at the empty energy drink cans strewn across the floor. "Uh- a week ago." "Bonnie. You need you sleep." I say, climbing into the bed with her, "When was the last time you slept?" She asks, turning it on me, "Well that's not important-" "Hypocrite." She giggles. I wrap my arm around her and snuggle under the covers with her, "I am not a hypocrite. Now go to sleep or I'm going to keep you up all night with cute neck kisses." I say. "Sounds like a plan." She says, leaning in to kiss me. I smile under the kiss, "Babe, your eyes are, like, almost as purple as LSP's hair. Please get some sleep." I hear her sigh, "Fine. But promise me one thing?" "What's that?" "Don't leave." I squeeze my arms tighter around the pink haired girl and whisper into her ear, "Never, Bonnie. Never." She snuggles into me and holds onto my hand. Night Bonnie. Sweet dreams, hopefully.