Chapter 20 - I'm Just Your Problem

Round 3 was a breeze. The band was awful. It was pretty shameful. Tonight was the final round and to be honest, I wasn't nervous at all. I was pretty pumped. "Let's do this!" Finn shouts, slinging his guitar over his back. "So, do you know who we're playing tonight?" I ask Jake as we walk out to the stage, "I don't know. I guess we're gonna find- Oh. Oh fuck." "What? What is it? Are they really emo or something- No. No. Fucking. Way." I stare at the band we were meant to beat tonight and felt like I was going to hurl all over the stage. Because the leading lady of the band was none other than my ex-girlfriend, Bonnibel Bubblegum. She looked almost as shocked as I felt. I hadn't seen her in a month, and she still had this lethal effect on me. I rake a hand through my hair and stare at the ground, "Let's just get this over with." Finn looked like he was about to vomit, too. Tonight we were singing Mr. Brightside by The Killers. "Introducing The Electromagnetic Spectrum VS The Half Notes!" The judge bellows into the microphone. I couldn't help but grimace at the scientific name. Bonnie walks up to the mic and coughs slightly, her keyboard stood before her. Never have I wanted to kiss and punch someone so much before in my life. Some guy with glasses and red hair starts a drum beat and a girl with long black and purple hair begins the guitar riff. Then Bonnie starts up on her keyboard and begins to sing, "Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine- Um, uh. Sorry." She forgets the lyrics and I laugh into my microphone, "Guess you're not as perfect as you thought you were." I say. Her grasp on the mic tightens and her knuckles go white, "I never said you had to be perfect!" She shouts angrily. I could see she was getting annoyed at my retaliation. "Oh, you don't like that?" I taunt, "Or do you just not like me?!" I shout, grabbing my bass and playing a song I wrote specially for Bonnibel Bubblegum. The girl with the pink hair. "Sorry I don't treat you like a goddess, is that what you want me to do? Sorry I don't treat you like you're perfect, like all your little loyal subjects do. Sorry I'm not made of sugar, and I'm not sweet enough for you. Is that why you always avoid me? I must be such an inconvenience to you. Well, I'm just you're problem, I'm just your problem, it's like I'm not even a person, am I? I'm just your problem, well, I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I shouldn't have to justify what I do, I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I shouldn't have to prove anything to you, I'm sorry that I exist, I forget what landed me on your black list, but I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I shouldn't have to be the one who makes up with you so, why do I want to? Why do I want to? To... Ugh!" I let my bass fall to the ground before running off stage. Fuck. Just when I thought I was remotely getting over her, she just has to kick me in the fucking heart all over again. I run into the backstage bathrooms and hurl. As I stand up to leave the bathroom, I see someone someone stood at the door.

"Hey." She says. She being Bonnie. I run back into the stall to hurl.