Ch 3:Skirmishes

A/N:Happy Veterans Day everyone, as a tribute to our men and women that joined the military service. I put this up hope you guys enjoy it.
_______________________________

Two hours had passed from the recent as the German And British Forces made it to the town with medical supplies and reinforcements as they also brought more Liberty trucks loaded with troops and supplies and armored cars for extra firepower. The townspeople we're glad they came to help, while others were skeptical on these soldiers as they brought in more troops and weapons. Right now, they're meeting with the mayor of the town.

"Once again I thank you young man. If you haven't showed up many more would have been lost." The elder man thanked.

"It's not a problem. I just wish I could've gotten here sooner. Maybe some people would still be here." Ronan tells.

"There's no need to blame yourself. All we can do now is bury them in peace and live on to honor their memories." The elder replies.

"Amen." He said as he took a sip of Coffee.

The older man smiles as he was about to take a sip but looks out at window as his smile turned to a frown.

"What is it?" He asks as he looks outside the window as they both see a crowd is forming up outside of his house.

"What's going on?" The mayor asks.

"You guys need to leave. You put a target behind our backs."

"He's right. They'll return with more."

"We were going fine till you guys came in."

"Listen! I know your scared but I'm here to help. We can work out our rewards after we deal with the White Fang."

"It won't be long till they return with a bigger force." One of them said.

"Your right. That is why we must prepare this town for an imminent attack." Ronan tells them.

The townsfolk were in disbelief to hear that.

"We'll be killed."

"You can't be serious!"

"I am. Listen I'm not asking for you to stay. But if want this home to be still here your gonna have to fight for it." The boy explains to them.
"But remember your not gonna be alone in this so bear with me on that. We're beginning now." Ronan tells them.
"Captain!"

"Sir." Emily saluted to him.

"Get in contact in with the fort tell them we're gonna need more reinforcements."

"Yes sir." She said as she went to her unit who had the trucks.

After hearing that speech, the crowd dispersed as they went back to their homes.

"Thank you." The mayor thanked

"Don't thank me just yet. For now get ready to leave." He tells the mayor as he nods back

With that they started digging Trenches in the outer part of the town. An hour later more trucks started coming in with troops and supplies along with the massive field artillery being towed in. The towns people were in awe as they see this much people and equipment coming in to save their town.

"I want those guns unloaded!" A British officer shouts.

Outside the town Ronan and his commanders overlook the town and try to figure what to build up for an attack.

"So what do you guys think?" Ronan asks his staff.

"Well I can say it's bloody horrible." Emily comments.