- 67 -

Mycroft stayed with his son and his wife day and night, two days to be precise. He hardly slept a wink but it didn't seem to bother him considering that he only slept scarcely five hours a night anyways through seldom.

He was thankful in some ways that he could finally get into some form of cycle that was revolving around his newborn, even if they were still in hospital.

He wouldn't admit it loud enough but he enjoyed holding, clothing and feeding a son he could finally call his own flesh and blood.

He also noticed every time Amelia twitched in her sleep. She obviously needed more than twenty-four hours to rest easy and sleep off most of her morphine and medicine but Mycroft couldn't help it in himself but to lightly smile in relief of finally having her back...

For good!

***

Amelia felt a vagueness of refreshment as she slowly came around to the living moment of being in a presumable hospital bed. He fingers danced over the bedsheet under the duvet automatically straightening it outwards before slowly letting her head fall to one side feeling stray curls of her hair tickle her neck.

A baby cooing softly was heard and Amelia smiled softly before opening her eyes and springing up in bed in a befuddlement of panic.

She blinked herself awake a few times before scanning the room. Twisting her head facing one side to slowly move it in the opposite direction, her face softened somewhat at the plastic open cot that was beside her bed.

Next to her lied, a tiny human dressed in a white baby-grow, sucking his thumb whilst staring back at Amelia with the face of fascination.

She didn't understand why she was hesitant. Perhaps it was because she didn't want anyone to take her little boy away from her again. Ordering her thoughts in dismissal, she carefully picked her son up and hugged him close.

In her mind, he cooed so adorably again and Amelia laughed gently. "Oh, hello you." She spoke gently whilst quickly rubbing her eyes dry again. She felt her heart ache in such a delicious way as she stared in adoration of her little boy. "Oh, you are so beautiful."

Amelia watched in wonder as she pulled her son a little closer and in return he stretched his chubby arm to open up his small hand and carefully place it onto her cheek. Amelia laughed softly in a girlish lilt. "You know that I'm your mummy, don't you?" She rhetorically stated before pulling her silkened nightdresses strap down in order to carefully breastfeed her son.

It was an odd experience that was all lovely in the same way as she breastfed her baby. She watched with humour as the young thing rolled his eyes shut before sucking onto his mothers nipple a little more demandingly. She didn't seem to mind too much because she knew it was simply natural for the young boy to do.

Sighing in deeply through her nose, Amelia wriggled up the bed gently to lay her back against the headboard and fall into a trance of calmness.

She only really realised that she had fallen asleep again when she felt a gentle hand slowly manoeuvre the sleeping boy out of her arms. Out of reflex, Amelia clenched her left fist tight, aiming to throat punch someone with her wedding rings glinting whilst her eyes were shut. "Stand down." A familiar male voice spoke commandingly just as she felt a hand clench firm over her incoming swinging fist. She felt herself turn frigid as her skin prickled towards the familiar voice. "There will be no need for that, I am sure." He turned to say in a gentle manner.

Slowly fluttering her eyes open, her eyes seemed to dilate from Mycroft's point of view as she appeared to shrink into place and turn an alarming shade of red on the surface of her open skin. It didn't help Amelia's case that the monitor was increasing in rhythm with the stickers pressed to her chest measuring her heart and she hated that her husband knew that he was the cause of the change in turn.